The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a tank and a skimmer lined up for my new system, and hopefully i will be starting in on the stand next weekend, and now my next thing i need to get in order is more rock and sand.

i am planning on buying a 60 pound box of hirocks, as i was so happy with my last order, but i wanted to ask first if anyone has any dry base rock, or really cheap live rock before i order. i am going to be able to get the base rock for about 1.00 to 1.25 a pound, including shipping, so i am looking for something at that price or lower. it does not need to be a huge lot, if you just have like 10 pounds or something, but that is the price i am hoping to pay as i need to get a good ammount of it.

also, i can use a bag of yardright or southdown or whatever it is being called these days. someone made a trip to seattle a few months back, and i never got together with them to get a bag, so i am hoping that either that same guy still has some he needs to unload, or someone else has some extra. i am looking to add about 50 lbs, but i would do 100 if the price was good.

rock, in smaller lots, i can buy as soon as next week, which i would probably prefer so that i can get it soaking, if you have a lot of it, like 100 lbs or something, i would need to buy it in a couple groups over a 2 week period. sand probably in september as i get closer to getting the tank.

anyway, let me know, and i will see you all at the meeting. i am not going to line up any trades, because i dont know what i will have available until i tear some stuff apart tomorrow evening, but i will be open for random trades for whatever i show up with.

pm, email, or call

ryan

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey Ryan, you hooked me up with frags, my turn to repay somewhat. I have dry aquacultured (heavy) rock that ill just GIVE to you. Free!!! Get back to me if you want it, and as soon as i have a chance ill even deliver it. (but can we share a six pack of Corona's at your place while we talk reefs???) :D

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet man! let me check my work schedual for the next week and i will let you know what days i will be at home. you are more than welcome to take some more cuttings as well.

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, if you happen to be sitting around bored right now, i will be home until about 3:30. otherwise the next time i will be at home when normal people are awake is going to be saturday night after 7 pm, which would be a good time to sit and chat and have some coronas. beyond that, i will be home after 7 pm on monday, and then again on the following sunday pretty much all day.

i am working both at the school, and at the restaurant, pulling back to back shifts between the two places, and starting friday next week, we begin filming the next season of the tv show, so i will be out of the house about 18 hours a day 6 days a week.

let me know if any of the above listed days work for you. at some point i need to work in a trip to corvallis to meet up with techy-mechy, and i also need to get over to tigard to see coralbeauty, so let me know when it is good for you so i can schedaul those other visits acordingly.

ryan

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as it turns out, i have tomorrow off. if you are free at all tomorrow, give me a call or a pm.

·
Registered
479 Posts
IMO youre gonna need a lot of RO water and salt to fill your apartment to be able to use that rock on the carpet like that. I think you should just get a bigger tank. Like maybe a 115. Gee, sounds good. I love it when i have great ideas.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts