The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a little 7 gallon nano about a week ago, and I filled it with live rock. I realize this live rock does a lot of filtration itself, but in my opinion, it can't hurt to have some sort of biological filter media in the filter. The filter is out of the tank and could possibly be biologically more constant, if it had some sort of bio balls, than the tank itself. I personally am using some of those fluval rings because hey it can't hurt!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah it's a 7 gallon minibow. I've kept freshwater tanks before, but this is addicting. I can't stop reading and wanting to buy stuff for my tank, but I know I have to be patient and let things get settled first. Plus I need to upgrade the lighting before I can get really cool stuff!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't get why your visibility still isn't perfectly clear in your tank yet if it's been about 4 or 5 days. Does that southdown ( i think that's what you used) not settle as fast as the other types of substrate because mine was clear the next morning! Maybe I just got lucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.