The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. I thought I'd start a thread so you could post major problems you have encountered with your Nano. If you resolved it yourself, tell us how you did it. If you didn't get it fixed, maybe we could help.

Since I only set my tank up 3 days ago, there hasn't been time for any problems. But I'm sure they are out there....forwarned is forarmed!!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10g + 12lbs.LR

I added 10 more lbs. of LR today so that will def. help with cloudyness. I do have a powerhead running but I will remove the filter from the HOB.

Problem solved. Anyone else have a nano problem?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ryan2183

Welcome to TRT!!!!! We are glad to have you!!!!!
Thanks for your advice. Maybe we can help each other with our new tanks. I set mine up 3-4 days ago. I added 10lbs LR yesterday(I already had 2) and now visibility is at 3". I am really hoping by the end of the day it will be clear enough to arrange my rock. I had previously been using this 10g for a QT. It had about 1/2" or so LS in it. I had also put in 2 or 3 snails and a blue leg hermit. I hope i didnt squash them with new rock as I certainly couldnt see into the tank. Oh well, they will add bio nutrients if they're squashed.
I am looking forward to my new little tank. Since I like rearranging my corals and rocks, this will be a whole lot easier. Now I'll only get wet half was up my arm and wont get bruises from standing on tippytoes reaching into the 72g.
Anyway, glad to have you aboard. You'll enjoy it here!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Ryan,

Nope....not clear at all. In fact I just changed out some of the water and cleaned the filter. The water that fell from the filter was like milk! The live sand I used for my main settled the same day. I think this isnt settling as fast because its such teeny,tiny grained. Its got "powder"like particles. Supposedly, adding the live rock will cause particles to bind together and settle out. It was getting better but since I messed with it, its extra cloudy again. One concern I foresee is the sediment that is coating the LR. If/when I finally "shake" it off, it will cloud the water and then settle back on the LR. Im impatient, not for fish or shrooms, but just to be able to arrange my rocks and see what critters are in there. They're all choking(or holding their breath) Im sure. Waiting is NOT in my nature. I had hoped this hobby would calm me but instead I stay uptight and an*l about it.

I want what I want NOW!!!!;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.