The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get a new digital camera because my crappy kodak easyshare that's three years old no longer downloads pics to my computer. Apparently that camera will just die like that after awhile. So, went to best buy yesterday and he was putting this one as a "last one open box special) for $210.

http://www.zoommania.com/225720.html

Took some pics. It has a nice macro and super macro mode, through the tank glass mode, and panoramic. As soon as I get the digital memory card that allows for the panoramic mode to work I'll post a full shot pic of my tank. LMK what you guys think!

Also, the lights I posted in the classified section have a sale pending in case anyone was interested and hadn't posted yet. Sorry!

Michelle :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and a few more....

So my new MH's are the 20,000K and have a blue tint. Any suggestions for changing when these bulbs need to be replaced? I like the blue tink, but I see some of you don't have the blue tint and I think that looks a little better. I need some schooling on the yellows (better coral color but less growth, right?).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Nice pics! Congrats on the new camera! :beer:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had the blue problem with the 20k's as well. Try the 14k's. They look really nice after of a month of burning in. I'm going to try 12k's the next time around, but have another 8 months before I have to replace them.

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
ouccmich said:
and a few more....

So my new MH's are the 20,000K and have a blue tint. Any suggestions for changing when these bulbs need to be replaced? I like the blue tink, but I see some of you don't have the blue tint and I think that looks a little better. I need some schooling on the yellows (better coral color but less growth, right?).

Almost right. The lower the kelvin(yellow) the higher the par which equals more growth. Nice pics

·
Super Moderator
27,074 Posts
Congrats on your new camera, Michelle! Nice eye candy, too :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts