The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my new reverse osmosis filter kit in today with a built in pump...

371 ppm going in and 0 coming out:dance:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I like it alot and the pump pushed almost just as much good water out as waste water!

·
Registered
107 Posts
You may want to pick up a DI housing to put on as the last stage. 0 TDS is good .. Check for PO4 and NO3 in the water..... This is where a DI is needed.
The booster pump is a nice addon......

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tashier said:
Where are you mounting it?
I have it mounted right beside the show tank.....I had water run right next to the tank.....Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
seaham358 said:
You may want to pick up a DI housing to put on as the last stage. 0 TDS is good .. Check for PO4 and NO3 in the water..... This is where a DI is needed.
The booster pump is a nice addon......

how many people run DI? is this a good choice...also how does it mount??? right next to the RO?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You cant get any better water then a RO/DI. Its a housing like the carbon housing it just holds a cartridge with resin in it. It will remove thing that a membrane cant, like nitrates and phosphates. You take the product line from you unit and plug it into the housing and then the water out of the DI is your end product. They sell the housings at many places. Airwaterice.com is one of them .
98% of the people I know with reef tanks run a ro/di unit.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got it from Foster & Smith as I have most of everything else from them..
It cost 265.00 I think...

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My ro is reading 7ppm today wonder why afer only like 4 weeks....wonder if its time for a replacement filter???or is 7 ok? should I worry?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
seems there isnt as much bad water coming out the waste line????does this mean to clean the filters??? can I just take them out and run then clean in the tub??

·
Registered
107 Posts
for just a ro a 7 is not bad, if you had a DI housing it would bring that 7 down to a 0. And no you can't rinse out the filters, IMO thats the number your going to get with just a RO unit, a RO unit does not remove everything that why a DI cartridge is used. Also a TDS reading is nice but the real test is testing your water with kits. Check the nitrates, phosphates and see what those readings are.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts