The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the coralife pure flow 3 stage ro and hoked it up and Im priming the membrane or whatever it is to get rid of the preseritive.

I herar hissing noises coming from where the water goes out of the membrane housing... is this normal?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks..... Its not leaking........ Im thinking its from water pressure or something.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise Is where the water leaves the membrane and flows to the waste water or pure water tubes. Where the tubes connect to the membrane housing. Does anybody elses RO Unit make any type of noise?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And another question... You have to leave it running to flush the membrane of the preservative.... I have been running it for about 15 hrs now is it safe to start collecting water for the tank now?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The hissing noise is more than likely just air bleeding out of the system which can sometimes go on for a couple days at most, this is assuming it's all hooked up correctly and running with the proper water pressure.

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
Stop flushing it now, !5 hour You don't have to worry, I just do it for a few hours. What every they say to do it. You want to keep the it wet when not hooked up to the sink. I would put a valve on the input and output lines and when done turn off the output then a the input then disconnect from the sink, You will have it full of water.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now... the product water I get from it... is it 100% safe to use? Will it have any chlorine/ cholrmines etc???? Is there anything I need to add to the product water besides buffers before salting?

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Just use the RO water. You are fine.

As you start doing water changes every week or so the stuff that feeds cyano will begin to go away.

I would not add anything to your tank or the water.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts