The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well thanks all for the lighting advice . i got the new lights yesterday and they are all set-up. i have included a couple pictures. so far i only have a few dozen hermits ,about the same snails and one sally lightfoot crab and one chromis. i will add others in a couple weeks.

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its been up and running about a month. started with 20 lbs LR and added 30lbs of cured rock last week. i am going on vacation next week so i figured i wouldn't do anything else until i return and can spend "quality time" with it.
amm.-0,ni-o, na-10, salinity-1.024,
55 gal
50lbs lr
100lbs live sand
external cpr overflow
20 gal sump
berlin skimmer
fluval 404 full of sponges and filter floss only

ANGRY GARY

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Ooh, it's almost time! What plans for stocking? Nah put vacation on hold so we can see pics. Just kidding, LOL. Have fun.

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am not really sure right yet what i want to add. i will probably add a couple more green chromis. an orange goby, a variety of 'shrooms, colts, zoo's and polyps.
any suggestions on fish? in the past i have had, flame angels, coral beauty, assorted tangs, anthias,(or is it anthii?),clowns, damsels, foxfaces.

i will probably add a couple clowns but i don't know which ones yet. how about some cardinals? i here they do not like high currents.

ANGRY GARY

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
No damsels they are nasty and teritorial. tank might be a little small for a tang.

Nice Lights

Fred

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
looking great so far! i have that same light, you should be pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Really nice tank. Do you have any problems setting your Berlin skimmer?
Patrick

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No Problem With The Berlin. Plug And Play!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts