The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Bill, I am glad you like your rock. It does look very good! From what I can see I like how you set up the tank! It is going to look very nice when it clears up, cant wait to see pictures.

Sorry you couldnt make the meeting last night! Very good.

William

·
Registered
637 Posts
My nano cycled in almost no time! I have almost no die off on the rock, and the live sand should help some. I would think you could get some frags at the next meeting. Post that you are looking for some free stuff. People will give you some xenia, and you should be able to buy some zoos and stuff like that for almost nothing! Member trading is the way to go on a nano!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Bill,

I LIKE, I LIKE! The rock work will allow you to have a lot of corals and will let light get to all the corals! The 96 watts is very impressive on a 10 gallon tank! The rock looks very nice, I like the different shapes. I cant wait to see some coral in it!! :)

I just updated my web-page with my tank on it. Here is the site http://www.nano-reef.com/bamann345/index.htm . Everything I have in there I havent purchased. Nice club members have given it to me or traded for it! :)

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man that looks great. You got all those corals for free? Sweet.

I love your rockwork. Great design man. How do you attach those corals? Did you use super glue gel?

·
Registered
637 Posts
YUP, I got everything for free. I traded a couple people for stuff I had, but I didnt shell out any green.

As for attaching them. Supper Glue Gel works....for hard corals, but for softies, like xenia, use a toothpick and spear it through the base and jam the toothpick into the rock, the coral will attach itself in around a week. Check out www.garf.org to see more about attaching different kinds or coral...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Very nice,can't wait to see how it turns out.I have a 10 gallon also,but I am running a halide.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It sounds cycled to me.....but I would give it around a month to become stable before you start putting stuff in it. You might have to add a clean up crew when you start noticing a problem...

Check out the chart. I got it from nano-reef. I would do a water change of like 1.5-2 gallons and see what the tests come back in a day or two....but I would do that in a week. Keep testing!

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cool thanks.

Ive never cycled with Live Rock before so it's kind of messing with my head. hehe.

Im not going to add anything to the tank for at least a month. I will keep testing daily to see how it goes. If I start to get crazy algae I may cut back on the lights just a bit and add a few snails and crabs.

I found some real cool stuff in the tank tonight. Shrimp and I think a cuke.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Man,

I think I am gonna start a new 10 gal tank. I figure I have enough left over stuff to start one. You guys aren't skimming, just using water changes remove docs?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ray, no skimming! Just weekely or bi-weekely water changes!:) I think you also have enough stuff to start a 10 gallon, maybe even a couple!

Could you make the water from the larger tank go into the 10 gallon, so you would have a lot more water? Just a thought.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.