The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
So I got the lights in today.. but only have of them work! The ballast for my actinics dont work. So instead of only having half the day lights, which is only 24w, and some actinics that arent as valuable, I just have (2) daylights running, which is still a measly 48w. The funny thing is the tank is almost as bright now with those (2) T5s, as it was with my 36" 192w fixture.

I called champion lighting, and told them about my problem. They said they will send me a replacement unit. Its pretty much a bummer, because I was expecting this kick a** set up, after Ive been waitin 8 days for it. Now I have another 8 days with a piece of crap set up. I guess the bright side is at least they are acting positively, and replacing the unit. Just wish I didnt have to go through the hassle!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i suppose, but I already sold em for $145 dlvd. Im gonna see if the person who needs em needs them quickly. IF so, Im not going to screw him over. hopefully he doesnt though. Otherwise, I'll just have to use the 2, and I have this extra one, Im not sure what it is, but more light is good.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The funny thing is, only with those 2 24w 10k daylights, my tank still looked better than with the (2) 96w 36" fixture hanging over it. IT looks real pretty right now with the LED moonlights also. My other fixture didnt have t hose, that was the selling point for me lol. Also, with my 36", I went the (2) 50/50 bulbs, rather than one actinic, and one 10k. That was a mistake, and Im looking forward to being able to have just the Actinics on during dawn and dusk. But I will let you know. Thats part of why I took those pics and video this weekend, as a sort of before shot, and give it a couple weeks for my tank to adapt, and I'll have some afters.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
You will probably be fine just running the daylights until the replacement gets there. Better lighting even tho lower wattage. It's only gonna be about a week anyway right?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im expecting them to be shipped today, so I will more than likely recieve the replacements on monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts