The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to cappucino (spelling?) bay last week and saw a billion little hippo tangs for like 19.99 each which i think is a good price. Well i was thinking about getting one but my main concern is are these captive raised/bred fish or are they caught with arsenic and other chemicals. Cause i would hate for the little guy to die on me. So if anyone could help me out that would be great....i really really want one.....so hopefully they are healthy...

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
They are certainly wild caught (most fish are, as the secret to breeding most SW fish hasn't been discovered), but you'll need to ask them about the use of chemicals. The use of cyanide and arsenic used to be a lot more widespread in the past several years, but declined when importers stopped buying from those that use chemicals. Again, ask the store-

·
Addicted to water
1,011 Posts
The above is true, however, many times the store cannot be sure if the fish have been caught via chemicals (although I think it is a question they should be able to answer), especially if the fish were not directly imported.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bobby or myself always know where(country) the fish and corals were collected.
Just ask.
These are from the Solomon islands.(Dave Palmer)

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks a lot....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts