The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about a Gorgonian I purchased . I did some reading on this perticular type of Gorgonian it is yellow with redish spots and white polyps. I might have been reading in the wrong places because as I am reading more and more it seems as though I picked a particularly hard species. Im sure there are others that have kept them so what kind of success have you had and whats have you done. Mine has only oppened its polyps twice un the 2 weeks that i've had it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I really havent had much luck with them. 2 months is most I have kept them alive. All I can offer is too keep it in good water flow, and feed him atleast 3 times a week....HTH

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have one and have read a bit about them. They say to keep them in low light, to keep algae from growing on them, also high flow for the same reason. Like it was said before feeding in needed becasue they are not photosynthetic. Some people also brush them every other week to remove algae. I also heard of people putting the gorg. into a separate bowl for feeding so that it can be concentrated and not put excess nutrients into your tank, but have never tried this.......I figure I will enjoy mine for a couple months at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts