1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Wednesday at TRT!!!!!

wakey wakey!!!!!!

it's time to riseand shine folks.

asia's first FULL day of school is today. they only had a half day yesterday.

well, no time for chatting, gotta finish getting her ready, it takes me three times as long to braid her hair as it would for a woman :funny:

everyone have a great day!!!!

jay

i see you out there cath.. probably getting ready to bump threads :)

·
Super Moderator
27,708 Posts
Goood Mawnin' TRT!!

I better hurry up...I see Jay out there ;) I can always come back and edit this ;)

Lotsa love and hugs and peace to everyone. Rain where they needed and dry where it needs drying up :p

·
Super Moderator
27,708 Posts
Hooo boy, I bet Jeff is outa his skin excited for his Big Trip this weekend.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
double uggghhhhh,,,,

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Good morning! Is it Wednesday yet? It is? Hooray!

I'm excited because for the next month, I actually have real weekends! Woo-hoo! And that gives a whole new meaning to Wednesday.

Well, I'm off to the VA again. (I'm a psychiatrist this month.)

Have a great day!
Danielle

·
A goof
2,923 Posts
Good morning everyone, we are getting a nice cool down here :),

Danielle, what speciality are you going to go into if you know?

We got a bunch of critters from Keys Critters that are all doing well, I would highly recomend them to anyone :D.

I am off to work shortly, have a great day everyone.

Jon

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a sandwich fit for cath

so, as i was in the shower this morning, asia decides she'll save me some time and pack her lunch on her own.

she did pretty good. small bottle of gatorade, small container of baby carrots, and a little ranch dressing for dipping them. a small bag of strawberry filled granola bites. package of cracker sticks and cheese. and a sandwich.

then i inpsected the sandwich :eek:

two pieces of soft white bread, wrapped around......... a small dollop of peanut butter, right in the center of the bread, not even spread out..... topped with a few small pieces of lettuce :rolleyes: oh wait, that's not all......topped it all off with 4 green olives :eek: :eek: (it was a vegie lovers dream ;) )

where's that puking smiley when you need him :funny:

btw: i promptly made her a turkey and mayo on white :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
GOOD MORNING TRT

Jay, great idea on check the lunch box. Never ending surprises when an 8 year old makes her own.

Jon, don't work toooo hard

Danielle, have a safe trip to VA

CAth, doesn't look like you got edited YEAH!!!!! (ir did ya)

Everyone have a great day!!!!!!!!!!

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Mornin' All!

Jay---Aren't kids fun? I'm sure Asia was just so proud of herself for making her own lunch to save Daddy some time this morning! The mental image of you braiding her hair makes me giggle:D Can I send Mikayla to you for a few days?

I've gotta go back into work for a few hours today.....I hate that the budget deadline got moved from October 2 to September 2. Make for a work-filled vacation.

Danielle - I've been wondering what you are doing your residency in and if you've picked a subspecialty....I supervise the Peds Education Coordinator at Mayo...so I've been able to relate to what you're going through with your training. We have residents come to our office to hide out periodically....The ACGME has made some changes to the requirements that have really thrown our residents for a loop....feel free to drop me a PM if you need someone to vent to...

Have a great day everyone!

Jodi

·
Administrator
47,686 Posts
Good morning all, hope its a good one for everyone.Jay braiding is opposite of untangling parachute lines ;)
Danielle, be careful, weekends off is just setting you up for a psych thing(hint, accidently flush the pager ;) )
Everyone else have a great day :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ugh...I just can't get out of bed before 12.........getting home at 4, and going to sleep at 6am when my wife leaves probably has something to do with it.

Gonna call the glass place again and see if they got my dividers cut yet.....gave them the order 3 days ago, to cut 4 stupid pieces of plexi, you would reason they could have it done by now!

Laundry, house cleaning, and if I am lucky plexi in the sump....(Oh yeah, I am firing up the RO/DI today...got a 45 gallon Trash can.....won't be able to make ALL my water in it, but I can almost fill the tank on Friday)....Insert suspense laden horror movie soundtrack here......cut scene.......

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Morning... actually afternoon now....EVERYONE!

Jay heres that puking smiley!

Attachments

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
LOL at the puking smilie!

Anyway, I really haven't picked a specialty yet. I'm leaning towards ER or some other critical care at the moment, but as I haven't seen a whole lot of medicine yet, I can't say for sure. I originally went to med school to be a surgeon, but I don't think I could manage to juggle a family with a surgeon's hours. We shall see.

At the moment, it sure ain't psyc.

I figure I've got about a year before I have to get my residency apps in, so I have a little time. Knowing someone at Mayo sure doesn't hurt though! (Ironically, I've really been looking at Indianapolis and IU's ER program. Not that I know any awesome reefers in the Indianapolis area, or anything...) ;) So really, I don't know. There's a good ER program here in KC, too.

Stella, isn't the ACGME fun? They don't impact me just yet - too much. We've already been told that resident work hour limits don't apply to us. I hear that *cough* someone threatened to yank John's Hopkins IM program's accreditation if they didn't get in line with the new requirements. I doubt it will happen, but that's one heck of a threat.

Anyway, I should go finish my notes. Yep, I'm bored already.
Danielle

·
A goof
2,923 Posts
I liked psych, I spent 1.5 years working as a tech at a full psych hospital in Tenn, I did enjoy it, but the pay was bad and the people were "interesting"

Jon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts