The Reef Tank banner

Good Tuesday Morning...

990 views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Mrs Smith 
#1 ·
O.K., O.K. I know I'm cheating - but it is Tuesday morning in three of the four (mainland) time zones. And I've always wanted to start one of these :dance:

K.M.

#3 ·
It's morning for me!

Quick dog question - woke up this morning to find Nik (the big Shepard) limping heavily. When I finally coaxed him into lying down to let me have a look, I found a dime-sized weeping, raw abrasion on the bottom of one pad. I figured I'll call the vet, but I'll be gone by the time the office opens. Thoughts? I'd like to give him something for it, as it looks like it's painful and he's not bearing weight at all. That, and I can't figure out what happened, as he was fine last night.

Oh, and good morning!
Danielle

#4 ·
Good Mawnin' TRT!!!

Uh oh Danielle :eek: Sounds more than what could happen by stepping on something. Sure is unsettling to leave for work not knowing what's wrong with him :( Special hugs for Nik.

and I'm running late! better hop in the shower and get hammered into shape.

Love and hugs all around, folks.

#5 ·
mornin all, well i'm headed off for day two. hopefully my head doesnt explode today :eek: :funny:

danielle, i'm not sure what could have caused it, but it's happened to my dog once in the past, from trying to jump a fence, and we were told to just let it be, that the pad would heal on it's own. i even asked if i should put some sort of oinment on it, and the vet said no, just let the dog clean it when it wants.

ddnt sound quite right to me...but i'm no vet either..

hopefully Nik feels better soon.

havea great day everyone
jay

#6 ·
Sorry the pooch don't feel well =(

Good morning to you all, another nice long day at the office. Huzza! For internet acess at work! I at least get to look at some nice tanks while I work :)

Mike

#7 ·
Morning all!

Danielle - I am also not a vet but my experience with Dog injuries is that as long as it doesn't get infected it should be fine. I would just keep an eye on it and as long as it looks like it is still healing and not getting worse I would just let it be.

Jay - glad to hear you enjoyed your first day! And that the job is more promising than you thought at first!

Looking forward to a better Tuesday!

#12 ·
Morning all;

I'm starting the hunt for furniture today. Before we left Portland I tossed my living room furniture except for one ratty old armchair (it's not orange, tho' ;) ) that Steve and the kids couldn't bear to part with for some reason. Now of course, everyone is fighting over the one chair, LOL.

mnreefman, have you found a place yet?

You all have a good day!

Alice

#13 ·
Just back from the vet. After thinking about it and looking online, I figured that it would be best to get it looked at - just in case. That, and he's my jogging partner, which makes him a pseudo-athlete.

Anyway, the vet thought he felt a little subluxation, so we got some x-rays to check for hairline fractures. Thankfully, no fractures, and the tendons feel ok. (The way the pad was abraided, he really could have banged it up.) Anyway, he's on some pain meds now and it's bandaged up to let it heal. It was a chunk of change, but I won't worry about it now.

But it does mean I have to get to the hospital early in the morning to catch up on the work I bailed out on this evening. Oh well, it's only sleep.

Oh, and so far so good with the PBT!
Danielle

#14 ·
Hehe. She didn't mention the other excitement last night when we discovered Sasha eating a tube of superglue. We called poison control and they said she would be fine as long as nothing stuck together. :rolleyes: She has a bit of superglue in the hair around her mouth, but she didn't stick to anything and was just as wild as ever last night.

Andrew:)

#15 ·
Danielle , glad/sorry to hear on the shep.
Andrew, on Sasha,,,,:rolleyes: puppy, puppy, puppy,,,,,,
as a "father " of 6:eek: German dogs here (4 mini doxies:rolleyes: ,2 German Shepherds:D ) i can relate to silly things going on,,,,,,
thank God i have 2 "real" dogs to make it "real";)
hope Nik makes a full recovery:)
and Sasha,,,hope it makes it thru "puppyhood" LOL
cool lookin pup!thanks for rescuing one that needed it!:beer:

#18 ·
I don't know about "our" neighbors, but the neighbors around here think she's the cutest thing ever. :)

I think she's almost the spazziest thing ever, but I am thankful she's not a Jack Russell. Andy's roommate in college had one...

Danielle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.