The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it is now trully Thursday morning. :) I am over at a friends. He severly injured his hand at work yesterday, so the hospital asked me to stay with him for the 12 hours to keep an eye on him and his hand. Well, the fingers started to turn a little bluer, so I took him back in to the emergency room. News not to good. Basically, the doctors are just waiting to see what lives and what dies on his hand, and then to go from there. :( So, not a great morning for me..I am tierd.

Anyhow, hope everyone else has a great day!

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
Owww

Oh, my. I hope everthingsticks around for your friend. Real bummer.
Well, I've got to spend a couple $100K at work today. Hope I make the right decisions. Makes things a little tense for me. Can you imagine a carbon filter that costs $60K! That's if I go with plastic external piping or cast iron lined. Stainless is an extra 33K!

·
Super Moderator
27,705 Posts
Good Mawnin' TRT!!!

Oh no, Jeremy! Good that you were there for your friend! :eek: We should all have a good friend like you around. We'll keep your friend and you in our prayers.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning!

Hope everything turns out fine for your friend Jeremey! Give us an update when you can!

Well got to get Pat up in a few minutes as she is going to work with me this morning as we are getting our Ford Taurus back from the shop! Going to miss the Intrepid I had! Had that baby up to a 100mph the other day!!;)

Hope everyone enjoys their Thursday and also thinking about signing up for OT tomorrow. Hate thinking about getting up at 4:30AM one more time this week but the extra money would come in handy!:)

G'Day!

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got home...good thing my friend lived 2 apts down. ;) There is a little more color to his fingers, which is a good sign, but they are still bluish. :( He goes in to the doctors today to begin plastic surgery and such. He destroyed both main bloodvessels in the hand that lead blood to the fingers. I got to see his hand without the bandage...*shutters* I won't describe it. ;) Thanks for the prayers well wishes everyone!

Johnny - what was wrong with the Taurus that you had to take it in?

Yardboy - I would like to get a few things around my house..can I send you a wishlist? ;) heh heh

Cath - *bear hugs*

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
mornin all. sorry about your friend jeremy! hopefully it doesn;t turn out too much worse.

yeardboy, i know the feeling!!! make the right descision...or it's all your fault :D

johnny, i'd take a taurus over an intrepid anyday :)

cath GOOD MORNING!!! :) fyi: i dumped another quarter million into your economy yesterday :) lolol

if you experts get a chance, check out the "cls pump recommendations" thread.. i'm hoping to order a pump TODAY!! plus i'm ordering my overflows from reefmania TODAY, and picking up the acrylic for my sump, and the last of my plumbing this weekend :) and ordering either some hirocks, or reeferrocks TODAY ! hoping to bring the tank in by next weekend!!!!

have a great day everyone

jay

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
...morning...

sorry aout the injury, makes you appreciate every moment of even SIMI-normalcy.

Injury ...bad

Coffee ...good

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Happy Friday-Eve everyone!

Jeremy...sorry to hear about your friend. I had an instant memory of an episode of "Trauma - Real Life in the ER." How scary for him.

Busy day at work today....but at least I get to have do my orientation session with the new neonatologist (young and handsome).....A little eye-candy never hurt anyone.

Have a great day...

J.

·
Administrator
47,678 Posts
GOod Morning everybody
Jeremy bummer on your friend, I hope it turns out OK.
Gee Johnnie, hope you got the extended warrenty on that Taurus, it seems to like the shop alot. I havent tried one of the new Interpids, but I drove my sons 95 and I would trade my grand am for it in a heartbeat. ON the other hand I have rented Sable a few times for trips to Cal, and even with the power seat with all the adjustments I never could get comfy in it.
Jodi, hope your orientation turns out pleasent ;)

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Good, er, evening. I fell asleep on the couch after getting home, so it feels like morning. Kinda. but not.

Sasha's chewed off 2 bandages, despite the headgear. She's just outsmarted the lampshade and figured out how to get around it. I'm just going to chalk it up to "border collie."

Jeremy, you could have called, but I would have just sent you to the ER. Good call. I hope that hand pulls through. If you need some moral support, just call me.

Danielle

G

·
well how bout good thursday night...... i just got off the golf course...worst round of the year.... played 18 holes and shot an 82 :(
ick...
anyway hope everyone elses day was good :)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
anyone else get affected by the blackout?

the yare saying it's the worst blackout in the history of the country.

power just came on here at my house about 1/2 hour ago.

there are outages from as far east as indiana, clear on over to new yrok, boston, cleveland, detroit, toronto, and everywhere in between.

some parts of detroit are going to be without electricity AND water for up to 2 or 3 days!!

ALL of toledo was out till about 7 o'clock. no gas stations no banks, no grocery stores. nothing. everything was shutdown.. it was a mess. but i cant even imagine how bad it must have been in some bigger places like new york city :eek:

well hope nobody else was affected too bad!!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Glad you reported in Jay and everything is cool!;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts