The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Sunday Morning, TRT! :)

Feeling much better this morning, finally!

Heading up to Cades Cove to visit the deer and bear in a few minutes.

I attended a wedding last evening and took a 'few' snapshots. The bride, Elizabeth, is one of twin daughters of my former boss, the District Attorney, and his wife, all very dear friends. The wedding was held at their Summer cabin in the Smokies and was a really grand occasion. Bagpipes, string music for the ceremony, with BBQ, country band for the reception, and then a DJ for dancing under the stars afterwards! The weather was perfect, too!

Doug & Elizabeth:

Have a Super Sunday, Everybody!

Dick:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good morning Dick, Platypus and everyone else at TRT. Sunday mornings are great. Sunday afternoons are too close to *onday morning.;)

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Good Morning Dick, John, and Everyone!

I'll get the coffee goin'!!

Dick, I'm SO glad that you're feeling better!!

Too rainy to ride this weekend:bawling: I didn't go to the reef club meeting yesterday. Instead I spent the day looking for a new vehicle with Andrew. He was so funny at the Honda dealership. He called it " The Den of the Enemy" because he rides a Yamaha. :)

Have a Wonderful Sunday Everyone!!:wavey:

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
Morning Dick,John,Gary,Butch and all the rest!Glad your feeling better Dick!Sounds like a real good time and a great pic too!Looks like there is a sun!maybe it'll dry the area up but still humid(98%) Hope All Have A Great Day!

·
Super Moderator
27,070 Posts
Good mawnin', Dick, John, Gary, Butch, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Butch. John - you have the Eggs Benedict detail, hold the Canadian bacon on mine :D

Dick- What a beautiful portrait of the happy couple. Sounds like a great time with bagpipes, country band, and dancing under the stars. That's the image of The Smokies :agree: So glad you're feeling better!

Gary - I know what you mean about Sunday afternoon too close to *onday. Gotta enjoy every inch of the weekend, though.

Bummer, Butch on being rained out on a ride. Glad you and Andrew had fun, anyway. Knew you would! Love that phrase "Den of the Enemy".

I had fun at the wedding I attended. Lots of fun and dancing. I had a chance to dance with the groom and the brother of the bride. Here's a photo of the outside of the mansion where the wedding was held.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.:dance:

·
Retired Wanderer
17,270 Posts
Glad you are feeling better Dick.

I am off today to ride horses with a girl from the beerfest yesterday. The one that I danced with all night had too good a time the other eve and could not make it on the charter schoolbus to the beerfest so I went anyway and of course met someone else. She helped me clean out my skimmer and pumps and is super interested in getting the tank going. There are things that make you go hrmmmm?

Riding a schoolbus that had to stop at every railroad track to a beerfest seemed pretty odd, but what a trip. We all had a blast except for Steve that fell asleep. Some derelict latched onto me my first day here and I had to kick him out of the bar last night at the request of the way cool octogenarian tending. I drove him home twice now and will not do it again. He can walk and has a number to call for help if he ever wants it. It is ten miles, but many of us on this forum have done it.

How the heck do you ride a horse?

Have a great Sunday. Gotta make breakfast for us then get out there and give this a whirl.

Fourteen days till my new camera. I promise more pics!

Told ya life would be boring after the move and new job.

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
Morning everyone! Glad you feel better Dick!
Havent been to active on TRT the last couple days. Havent been able to sleep much. Just finished up 6 nights straight at work and then meetings tomorow. Yuk. Weather has been nice. Next week i think the real heat will start. Should be in the 90s and soon to be over the 100 mark and then its on!
Getting closer to vacation and cant wait, I really need to go home for a while!
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Robert

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Good morning, all!! Glad you are feeling better, Dick! Great wedding shots as well, guys!

Enjoy the day!! It's a water change day since I was unuable to get to it yesterday. w0000000000000000000000000000000000000t!!!

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
Good morning All!

Great shots Everyone!
that is funny Butch, did he pick one out?
Perry.. ya kid in the candy store! good luck withhte horses, try and keep your back straight. if your on trail horses they know what to do and when, if you go open range... 1st time.. good luck.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,270 Posts
tims said:
Perry.. ya kid in the candy store!
Umm....maybe.

Gonna dig around a little in M'Ville. What the heck makes chicks take so long to get ready?

Tim we are going open range and I rode once as a kid and know the left side thing to climb on and that is it. This is pure open range so it is a little scary but my new friend said don't worry.

We went balls out in the Beemer at sunrise. This chick did not even flinch. I am not sure what the heck I am getting myself into but hopefully the horse will have some mercy.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,270 Posts
Oh heya Vince and Robert.

How are the headaches amigo?

·
Super Moderator
22,143 Posts
Morning all!
Just another beaut of a day here,,
Got a few things done on my way home from work this am,,,,gotta few more to do b4 i head over to my sis and bro in law's for a nephew's b-day,,,Then my Brother in law is gonna take me out n up in his new plane, for a fly around,,,still working on him taking me along (LOL) on a flight down to Marathon, Fla Keys,,,we might as well stay a while , if/when we go there,,,since we are a few miles south of where i hang out when i'm down there..wink, wink,,,nod, nod,,;) .He's been listening to my hints,,hopefully he'll take me up on it soon,,,,:banana:
Tomorrow i'm going out for some shooting practice w/ my cousin, and a customer of his,,a retired "special person" in the military,,,So special . most of what he has done is not ,,ummm documented,,,,and always has some interesting stories of meetings w/current and past Presidents, and some genaric highlights of things that happened,,,but never happened,,,,;) ,,plus he's one heck of a marksman,,and walls of accolades to prove it,,and it's always a rush to learn firearm training from him,,
We leave at "0700" so i gotta leave my stuff w/ my cousin,,as i don't want to drive into work with my arsenal,,,,:doh:

Hope everyone has a great day!:banana:

·
Administrator
46,877 Posts
Morning Gang, looks like it might be nice today, sorta caught up on the mowing, at least the remow stuff, fast a little more in back to do then start whittlin on the tall stuff. Might get to the wind break around the pool, and work on the flower beds

1 - 20 of 27 Posts