The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin' All!
it's mornin ' here, so i quess since i'm up , to start this puppy ,,,
made some stops after work tonite,and instead of beddy-time, i think i am gonna get some stuff done around here, and pay for it at work in the afternoon,,(Wife's in Indy till Monday) catch up on a lotta things i need to do,,,,,
everyone has a great and safe holiday!:D :)

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Wow -- us Hoosiers think alike!!!! Were our morning posts done at identical times or what?!!:beer: :D Must be something about the Race Day starting line...

I deleted my post...here it is again:

Good Morning! Start Your Engines!

Well, It's RACE DAY here in Indy! But, it's also a time to remember all the courageous and dedicated men and women who serve and have served our country -

Not much news here other than lots of yard work yesterday in prep of getting ready for Trevor's high school graduation yard party next Saturday -- it's looking good!

We did get a new fishie last week...a lemon peel Angel for our fishless 4+-yr old 10G minireef - had him a week now. He's doing great, but got a serious case of Ich last Sunday, and it was cleared up on its own by Wednesday. (I've learned, that for us it works to just let it [ich] take care of itself and it usually goes away) He's really pretty, and the tank had been fishless since January - just lots of rock and corals.

Have a wonderful Holiday everyone!

~ Shirley

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
Good Morning Indiana, its bareley light in Oregon, but I gotta bust a move on all the yard work, before I go North on Thurs. only 2 days to work this week , tho it sounds about right for a new Granfather :D

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning Jeff and Shirley and the rest of the gang!

Will Pat and I will be getting ready in about an hour and a half and going over to my son's place and he is taking us "fishing" for the day and then having a BBQ! Should be fun!

I feel a little sore today after doing a major aquascaping on my tank last night! The overflow box decided to dive to the bottom of my tank so had to remove some LR and get it all put back together after a good cleaning. Will get a pic up probably tomorrow or this evening and show you the new LR layout!

Indy 500 will be on today but probably miss it!:)

I hope eveyone has a peaceful and enjoyable Sunday and let's all of us give "cath" a great big hug!:D

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Hey Johnny, we'll miss the race, too, as they won't broadcast it until it's over! (we live too close to it)

Paul - My brother drove his '64 GTO in the centennial parade in Brookston, IN yesterday. It's the same car I learned to drive with when I was 15-16! (I think that was about 100 yrs ago!)

Doug - you're so lucky to have grandkids!!

~ Shirley :)

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
They are great, I wish you could go right to that stage at times ;)
bypassing their parents but then again spoil and leave is a sweet payback :D

·
Super Moderator
28,203 Posts
Awww...thank you Johnny!! What a nice feelin'

Good Mawnin' Jeff, Shirley, Doug, Johnny and Paul. To the rest of you, there are more hugs where they came from :) No ice cubes or pincers on a Sunday

:rolleyes:

Congrats on Trevor's HS graduation, Shirley. We wanna see pix of him and the yard all dooded up!

Woooo Hooooo Doug's gonna havva a new grandbaby to luv up on! Good news on that :)

Egad, Johnny Pix of you playin in your tank? :eek: :eek: you riveling Mike on that?

OK OK, Jeff... now I gotta get serious about stuff I didn't do yesterday. wanna race?

Peace, love and hugs!

·
Super Moderator
22,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cath said:

OK OK, Jeff... now I gotta get serious about stuff I didn't do yesterday. wanna race?
Lady,,,,and Gentleman,,,,,,
Start Your Chores!,,,,,,,,,
vrrooooom, vrroooooooomm
fueling up with Hi-test java now,,,,:)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Good morning TRT! IT is a beautiful morning here in Kansas. Sasha slept through the night last night for the first time!!! Boy is she wired this morning! I don't have a lot planned for the day. Mostly relaxing around the house. My neighbor had a party for his daughter (high school graduation) last night and I had a ton of young girls running around my yard chasing the boys. I felt like I was stuck in Junior high school again, except I think my curfew was about 6 hours earlier than theirs appeared to be.:rolleyes: I finally let the boys next door hide out in the basement untill the girls decided to go home. I think they stopped looking around 1:00AM.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Andrew

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
indy...dang!!! and i'll be trapped in the garage all day!! looks like i may need to haul asia's tv out to the garage with me :D

doug, in case you miss in it M'Ville. if you get the USA network on cable, they are showing Black Sheep: The Movie today at 3pm est !

i hada quite a shocker today.. my alarm went off about 9, which was odd ,since i dont set my alarm on the weekends. well, i got up and went out into the hallway and my mother jumps out from around the corner screaming like a banshee.. scared the bejeezus out of me so bad, i jumped back, fell, hit my head on the washing machine.! and the whole time she's laughing soo hard trying not to pee her pants.

apparantly she let herself in with her key, then came in and set my alarm while i was sleeping, so she could scare me.. nice.. real nice.. :angry: :funny:

havea great day everyone, and watch those corners, you never know who could be behind one!

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Junkzoo said:
Lady,,,,and Gentleman,,,,,,
Start Your Chores!,,,,,,,,,
vrrooooom, vrroooooooomm
fueling up with Hi-test java now,,,,:)
Oh My! Now that's a challenge..I've got coffee in hand...time to wake up the men...have to borrow Trevor's new girlfriend's father's truck to haul a new swing frame to the yard...It's a Yellow Poplar frame that will replace the pine frame Steve built 7 yrs ago...and the swing stays! It's the Cypress swing an elderly cajun man made for me in S. Louisiana, and the kids learned to read on that swing, and discussed many things with me and with each other on it...

~ Shirley :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
WOW, I'm inspired!!:blob: I'ts a gloomy morning here in Eugene, Or. :( Guess I'll have to stay inside and work on my tank!:dance: I'm getting out of the little tanks and into a big tank. Who knew it could be such a challenge! I expected it would be the same as a little tank, just bigger! Maybe if ya'll could vibe me your super mental powers I won't bust so many brain cell figuring the plumbing and electrical:) Wish me luck:jester:

·
Super Moderator
22,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cath said:
"vrrooooom, vrroooooooomm"

Wahh...does that mean I have to vacuum too? ;)
only during a Yellow Flag,,,,,,:D

·
Super Moderator
22,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, it's off to work inna lil bit,,:( watched the beginning of THE race, got my yearly goose-bumps during the pre start ceremony,,
one question::confused:
can i still get a speeding ticket , while listening to the race in da truck on my way up I-65?
Vrrrooooommm, Vrrrooooommmmm:funny:

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
LOL Jeff...that's funny! :funny:

I went to the Indy 500 way back in '85. Danny Sullivan's "spin and win" year. It was a blast and I'd love to go again sometime.

Chores, ack! I get to go play...I mean work at the LFS today so my chores will have to wait. Maybe I'll leave a list and delegate... ;)

Jay, I think you need to pad all the corners and sharp edges in your place :p

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Alice

·
Super Moderator
22,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup
Alice,,,great time to be had,,,been going to the time trials fer many years,,(back when the "snake pit" was THE Show)
hafta admit,,,,ya gotta go to experience it..yousta take newbies down the the "yard o' brick" and tell them to focus on the brick , when the cars came by , it would blow them away , getting the scope of the speed going on,,,and their surpise when their laps were covered in "tire dust",,,:funny: :funny:
best seat is in front o da TV,,,but ya gotta go the "feel the Speed"
after all, THESE are REAL race cars,,,,,;) :p :funny:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.