The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I will be starting a new 90 gallon tank soon and was wondering what a good anemones would be to start with. I know I have to get the tank established first and it will take time. I am looking for something for clown fish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have never had any luck with anemones without using metal halide lighting. Some people say t5 is Ok but I think that anything other than MH is just delaying the enevitable.

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
So t5's are better than MH you think?

Depends on the bulbs your using. They are more energy efficient for the par levels they put out.....They are a little cheaper than mh....but nothing (imo) compares to the shimmer of a mh bulb. I went from pc bulbs to VHO to T5HO to MH.....and I LOVE MH. Back to the subject though. I have never kept any anemone except for the ones I have now.......and they are SIMPLE. They dont move on me at all.....they like low flow and come out beautifully during the day. I have rock flower anemone's and they are wonderful! I have a baby green one that was about the size of a dime when I got it and now its the size of a half dollar.......and I just got another one three weeks ago from the gulf of mexico, it was saved from the area the oil spill is now over.....Its easy as pie to take care of.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how would the T5 6x54 setup work with a 90 gallon standard tank 24" deep? and if not what would anyone recommend with MH?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts