The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my stand only has a 24" clearance. :bawling: what good skimmer do you guys suggest that would fit, keeping in mind the additional height to remove the cup. also if anyone have one of those skimmers with the quick disconnects how many inches does it take to remove those thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
75 with 30 sump

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey mary i would like the g3 but its pushing it with that 23.5 inch height, how high do you have to lift your g4 to remove the cup? the grey connector peice on the bottem of the cup cant be more than half and inch right?

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
once you figure in the 1/2" that makes up the bottom of the sump, and the 1/2- 1" that you will need to raise and remove the skimmer cup... I think you maybe cutting it too close. You could do the g1, get another pump, and do the recirc mod on it, combine that with the gate valve and it should be plenty for your system volume.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think i want one with the quick disconnects with the unions for zero height clearance. i know mrc and RM uses them on their skimmers anybody know anymore?

·
Ô¿Ô
834 Posts
darasy said:
hey mary i would like the g3 but its pushing it with that 23.5 inch height, how high do you have to lift your g4 to remove the cup? the grey connector peice on the bottem of the cup cant be more than half and inch right?
1/2" will clear it, make sure you get it on the sump! and its in about 6"-12" water to work best.

So don't forget to account for 24" from inside the sump not the base. I have the g3 and could not be happier.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I would go larger than a 6" neck on a needle wheel type. Holds its value if you sell it latter, holds its value if you use it now.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looking at that avatar, you this coming Saturday night after your first eye, I think that looks could place you into that category if only for a moment........................................................(runs and ducks for cover)

otolith said:
Only bad doctors think they know everything. :D

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
If I understood what you said, I'd tell you to run for cover. Are you going out at all on Saturday or Sunday?

I'll charge up the battery, and we can go to one of the local lakes for some 'eyes.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I hope to. I went out for bass opener in WI last weekend and got a couple nice ones. Biggest one was only 17.5, a little over 3lbs) but it was the first time I have fished exculsively with plastics, so it was a challenge to figure out.

As for the first statement, the avatar is you in the boat after you land your first eye. I know that you have a grass skirt hidden in your boat. Jen told me so.............

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Jen wasn't supposed to tell! Wait 'til I see her again. ;)
Where are you going to go? I don't know if I'll be able to make it out. Angela's on call this weekend, and then there's something on Sunday that I have to do. :rolleyes: (OK, don't show the mother of my two kids that last statement) :funny:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts