The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good *orning Everyone!

Coffee is on.

Great Weekend , Gretna festival was great.

*usic everywhere , was nice sitting on the levee watching the river and New Orleans skyline.

Back to the grind today.

Have a Great Day!

·
Administrator
46,676 Posts
Good Morning Vinny, I am just up and having coffee, normally I am falling out about now.
This should be interesting. The rain is back, I wanted to burn slash piles but the tall dry grass was a bit risky. Hopefully get in some burn time after work this week
Have a great *onday ya'll

·
Administrator
46,676 Posts
Looks like we may get an inch or so today then taper off, fairly dry the rest of the week, sunny and mid 70s thurs and fri. I will be heading to work in about 10 min and getting off about 12 hrs later, oh goody;)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Good *onday *orning Vinnie, Doug, Joe and all the rest to come.
Sounds like a good time Vinnie. Glad you took the time for yourself.
Doug, I imagine days is quite an adjustment after 3-11 for so long.Do you go back to 3-11 after you're done with the training?
*orning Joe! Gave a good workout.
Off to EMS for the last workday of my vacation. One *ore vacation day tomorrow then back to the FD.
Hope y'all have a *anageable *onday and a great week!
Ray

·
Administrator
46,676 Posts
It's not the number of hrs I work, its the almost 3 hrs driving time and no one being up when I get home that is hard

·
Administrator
46,676 Posts
Ray, we will be without computers nest week while they change over so boss and I will be working 11 am to 8:30 on "projects" whateveah that is ?

·
Super Moderator
26,847 Posts
Good mawnin', Vinnie, Doug, Joe, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Vinnie. Oatmeat with apples, pecans, cinnamon and brown sugar for everyone.

Great Weekend , Gretna festival was great.
*usic everywhere , was nice sitting on the levee watching the river and New Orleans skyline.
That sounds great, Vinnie!

It's not the number of hrs I work, its the almost 3 hrs driving time and no one being up when I get home that is hard
:( What training, Doug? I missed that bit of news.

Joe - Off to the gym for workout? Seems like you get a good workout doikng tank stuff!

The church was packed at the funeral yesterday. In addition to the church family, all of the faculty, janitors and some students came. Waller was a loving teacher and priest.

Looks like the weather event down in FL will visit us tonight and tomorrow, and then on up the Eastern seaboard. We need the rain, but Northeast needs a break!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Super Moderator
22,088 Posts
*orning all :fish:

My Sunday today, my stretch of daze shift start tomorrow :cry: .

My about to the minute every morning alarm clock dawgs woke me up gently again this morning, so it's time to start my day and pot of coffee :drool: . dunno what to fill my belly to jumpstart my day will be, but I'm leaning toward b-fast burritos. It's either that or oatmeat since it's a lil nippy(51degs) outside this morning and feel the need for internal warmin' up.

Looking forward to (more like hoping for) knockin out the last of the mowing/trimming today , along with some chain sawin' trailer fillin' orphan tree felling too. Time and my bod will let me know how far I get on my mental list.Nowadays my list has leftovers and seems to take longer ta get what I do end up doing and/or my back sez I'm done for the day :rolleyes: :mad:.

Well, coffee's done, time to get this last day of my long "weekend" going here :thumbup:

Hope everyone has a decent *onday :wavey:

·
Super Moderator
22,088 Posts
Oatmeat with apples, pecans, cinnamon and brown sugar for everyone.
Haha, looks like you made up my mind on *orning grub Cath :drool:
That's sounding REAL tasty! Just to warn ya, I have a bowl that'll make Jethro Bodine envious :rolleyes::lol:.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Doug, that almost sounds like a code word for busy work. Do you and the boss have any ideas to improve your are you could suggest to head of possible silliness? If they are just going to have you killing time, it would be nice if you could benefit from it.
Morning Jeff, a Jethro bowl huh. You need a shovel to serve that up? Good luck getting the yard / field work done.
Morning Cath, sounds like a fine send off. Doug is getting training on new software (database I think) at work.
I got up a little earlier than I needed too this morning. Don't go in service at EMS until 8 and I only have a short drive (about 10-12 minutes).
Y'all have a good one!
Ray

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good *orning, Doug, Vince, Joe, Ray, Cath, Jeff, & Everybody! :)

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY, I think. Part of my ancestry celebrate the discovery of this land of opportunity but the Cherokee part still consider Columbus an illegal alien. Whichever, I do have the day off.

Coolish this morning but 70 later with 50% chance of rain, or 50% chance of no rain, depending on how you look at it. ;)

Nice photos from the levee, Vince. :thumbup:

Doug, those 'training' days make you think about how dependent we are on computers. Never had those shutdowns when we wrote stuff down on paper. :nuts:

Cath, good show of love and respect for your departed priest.

Joe, have a good morning at the gym. I'm thinking of joining our gym. I hear they have a new machine that does everything: Snickers; Milky Way; Kit Kat; etc. :rotflmao:

Ray, you're one of the only people I know that goes to work for your vacation. ;)

Jeff, I assume from all that heavy lifting that your back is better?

OK, one of the shady ladies has skulked away on her belly but the other preferred a more dignified and graceful lady-like escape from the gendarmerie. Because the road is below ground level, the top of that fence is at least 7' tall. Will she make it?

Have a *arvelous *onday, Everyone!

Dick:)

·
Retired Wanderer
17,192 Posts
*orning everyone. Got work for 11 hours or so, then doing a take home calc exam. Bleh.

·
little fishy girl
4,061 Posts
you guys are way to bust for a *onday . i have to go wash clothes, it's a cool day here but feels good i love having the windows and the door open. i'm getting my niece and nephew for a few days for some reason there school desided they needed a week off because they went back so early , instead of letting them go this week and be ahead of the snow days there school distruct dont know what there doing.
hey cath do you know of any like mesuems, or indoor fun thing i could bring the kids too over that way thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts