The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Good *onday *orning Vinnie and all the rest of TRT.
Thanks for the breakfast Vinnie. Glad Kristine is home for a bit. Cooler here too. Not raining right now, but still a good chance for today. We have had more than 5 inches since Friday.
Off to the FD today. Supposed to have some good training in an abandoned building. Training on rescue techniques for downed firefighters. Lost of knocking down doors and breaking through walls.
Hope y'all have a *anagable *onday.
Ray

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good *orning, Vince, Ray, & Everyone!:)

More hot & humid to kick off a whole week of it.

Kristine is home for a few weeks,
Got to be good to have her home, Vince.

Ray, that's valuable training and good to know that those who have your back know what to do. :thumbup:

I've got a full load of heavy duty work stuff this week. Every week is different and this one shapes up to one that makes me earn my paycheck. Not complainin' at all, mind you, but it wll be challenging. Just a 3 mile drive will help make up for all the gas I've burned going back and forth to Nashville.

FishGirl and I spotted this trio of unlikely travelers cruising down Broadway in Nashville Saturday. Check out the goggles on the poochies. :D Don't ask me how they manage to stay on the bike but they seemed to know what they were doing.

Have a *arvelous *onday, Everybody!

Dick:)

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Good *orning, Vince, Ray, Dick, and Everyone!

Coffee only..thanx Vince!

Great pic Dick! I wonder if I can do that with a yellow Lab :rolleyes:

AWESOME race yesterday. Rew and I were both in the zone. 150 riders and we were in the top 10. :thumbup:

Taking it easy today...

Have a GREAT Day!!!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good *orning, Butch! :)

Cath emailed me that her password expired and can't log on so I'll pass on her "Good *awnin'" to you all.

Thanks, Ray. Same to you.

Great pic Dick! I wonder if I can do that with a yellow Lab :rolleyes:

AWESOME race yesterday. Rew and I were both in the zone. 150 riders and we were in the top 10. :thumbup:
Thanks, Butch. The hardest part would be teaching your lab to wear those little goggles. :cool: I did see a guy on a bike with a German Shepherd on the back once but that was in Key West, so I don't know. ;)

Great job with the two top ten finishes! Good that you can take it easy today as I'm sure those motorcycle muscles need relaxing.

Dick:)

·
Super Moderator
22,088 Posts
*orning all :thumbup:
Jus' killing time b4 my rehab/therapy this morning,then on to the day at hand.

Hope everyone has a great day! :wavey:

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
*orning All!Thanks Vin for the coffee and Breakfast!Have fun Ray with all that breaking.Dick,*aybe he has velcro on his feet?but it wouldn't work on Harley.congrads Butch and Rew!Have a good Rehab Jeff.

·
Super Moderator
26,847 Posts
Good *awnin', Vinnie, Dick, Ray, Butch, Jeff, George, Mitch, and all of TRT!

Dick - thanks for sending out my greeting earlier this AM. :thumbup: So glad you had to deliver FG laptop to her over the weekend.

Vinnie - Great to have Kristine back home. I'm sure she feels the same way.

Good morning Dick. Good luck with your week. That is pretty scary with the pups.
Have a great week.
Ray
I'm with you on the scary ride for the pups. Interesting photo opportunity, though.

Taking it easy today...

Have a GREAT Day!!!
:blob: Congrats, Butch and Rew. Was this the event where you and Rew were invited, even though you thought you didn't qualify?

Mitch - I know what you mean about catching up from Friday. Since I worked the weekend, there's a lot to do at home this AM, and work stuff when I go to work at noon.

I miss HHC! Tom, too :( well...there's lots of folks that I miss.

back to laundry detail...

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
*ornin everyone!

Just got home from picking up my $1 per gal tanks from petco. Its alittle cooler hear but still hot. Hopefully i will be getting my lights and all the other things i ordered for my tank today. I hope everyone has a great day and thanks for the coffee.

P.S i made a social group here on the forums if anyone wants to join its called I <3 fishies!

·
Super Moderator
22,088 Posts
*orning again all :thumbup:
Back from getting whooped @ rehab/therapy, came home to the wife getting home late from the ER, and had to hear how her nite went down.
Guess she pulled up to work last nite with LifeStar 'copters either sitting on the pad waiting to leave or hovering waiting to land, so she started work as soon as she hit the door.After those being flown out and in where taken care of, she had a unit clerk (was working the 3-11 shift w/ a few hrs to go left) ask her (She was working the charge nurse gig) if she could go home a lil early, "since they(upper management) like it when people go home during low census (not that many people in ER)" Blyth looked at the status board, then at her, then again at the status board, THEN at the stack of paperwork this gal had not finished from the hell nite so far, and said "we have 16 in the ER, our capacity is 18(patients/beds being attended to, not the waiting room numbers), where /how do you think we have LOW CENSUS??????" She then said, "well, so 'n so was gonna take care of the paperwork, since i was hoping to leave early" Needless to say, this unit clerk stayed for the duration of her shift, along with the 2 other 3-11 people that stayed some 3-4 hrs after their shift, to finish up the paperwork.:doh:(Seems like they had to spend some overtime money then,right after someone thought they were saving money)
Even the head ER Doc called in and asked what was up with all the helo's he heard from his nearby home,,,geez.

I told Blyth that the last I heard, ER does NOT schedule appointments, so it's not like anyone can say how busy or not the place is gonna be at the drop of a hat. (Policemen/firemen/EMT's -Paramedics work on a set schedule on what they know their shift is gonna entail and how busy or not their "day" is gonna go , right?NOT!) I just can't fathom how the beancounters assume that one minute there might be no one in the ER waiting room, that all H*ll is gonna break loose, and set in effect protocal that allows people to leave early(which some see as a out card of they wanna go home early, regardless of the place's busy-ness.)

Myself, i'd rather have/see one extra person in my ER/Police car/Ambulance/firetruck when i need them, vs one less cuz "it was slow for the last 15 minutes" :angry::angry::angry:

Sorry for the *orning rant, i just can't figger "someone's" thinking in some areas sometimes.

Deep cleansing breaths,,, ahhhhhhhhh :look:

·
Administrator
46,677 Posts
Good Morning Gang :) Weather is continuing the cool trend and it's sprinkling at the moment. not sure how long this is gonna last.

Looks like a full day for folks, Have fun with training Ray, Butch congrats to you and Rew on the finish :) Hope the week is not as stressful as it's shaping up Dick.
Morning Cath , Millie and Mitch. Jeff I hear you on bean counter logic and slackers that want to work the system, ay carumba

·
Super Moderator
26,847 Posts
Woah! This has to be a record slow for the AM thread. Did everyone's password poop out on them? :eek:

Monday night at the library was slow, so we had a chance to do some shelf-maintenance that we don't always get to do (that is...read the shelves for accuracy). Man, those music CDs can be a royal mess!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Wow ya barely hit page 2. I had a rough day and a DVR failure that I have to deal with tomorrow.

I started school tonight and was reviewing the syllabus, I am now wondering what I got myself into. I will be OK once I get into my school rhythm.

·
Administrator
46,677 Posts
Its a monday, or was, post full moon, left everyone in the doldrums I guess. Mood at work was "wierd" tho no bites on our hineys(always a good thing) anyway I am about to pull the plug, gotta be ready to get up early in case my son shows up with a 26' moving truck to unload early

1 - 20 of 20 Posts