The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Good *onday *orning Vinnie!
I need another pot or 2. The concert was awesome last night, but we were scheduled to get off at 10 and the concert didn't even end until 10:45. 5 hours of sleep but man was it worth it!
Off to the FD today. Back to my station for the first time in a week. Chief's off today, so I'll be in the big boy chair unless the other medic calls in sick.
Hope y'all have a *anagable *onday and a great week!
Ray

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Royal Tailor, Matthew West and Casting Crowns at the Pensacola Civic Center. All CC event require an EMS crew, so I got paid to watch a show I would have gladly paid to see.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good *orning, Vince, Ray, & Everyone! :)

Mild weather in the 60's for the next couple of days. Fine by me.

Vince, I hope Kristine gets to stay home for a while, or even better, not have to travel at all. Long work days a real possibility for me this week, too.

Tough duty on the free concert, Ray.

I took daughter Susan and grandson Wyatt diving yesterday.

Wyatt's suit was just a wee bit big on him:

A giant clam almost took his arm off:

And almost got eaten by a vicious man-eating shark!!

But the trip to the Gatilinburg Aquarium ended well except he wasn't really happy about leaving.

Have a *arvelous *onday, Everyone!

Dick:)

·
Super Moderator
26,847 Posts
Good mawnin', Vinnie, Ray, Dick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Vinnie. Let's have cheese and eggs biscuits with your choice of breakfmeat (or not).

Less then two weeks and Kristine will be co*ing ho*e.:blob:
Woooo Hooooo! What Dick said about Kristine not having to travel. That would be the best plan!

Ray - Great deal you had being on duty while enjoying a concert like that...even if it didn't end on time.

Dick - Great fa*ily photos. I love the one where Wyatt is behind (?) the deep see diver suit.

Enjoyed watching the Oscars last night. I think that so*e of the winners really need to be seen on a large screen. (Hugo, The Artist, *aybe War Horse, but I haven't seen that one yet.)

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Super Moderator
22,088 Posts
*orning all :thumbup:
Ray, enjoy the big dawg chair while ya can :D . I hear ya on the 2nd pot of coffee also. Dunno why, slept ok I quess, but did not feel all that great when I woke up this am. Hopefully things will turn the tide and I can salvage this last day of my long weekend off.

Blyth just left for a edjumacation class day @ a sister hosp. up north just now, PALS for those in the med. field.

Dick, looks like Wyatt had a great day there, and I can understand him not wanting to leave . amazing how reefing/water/fishies etc. follow down the generations :D ;) .

Gotta shake the rest of the yuck:crap: feeling and get a feel good vibe by day's end.

Hope everyone has a great day! :wavey:

·
Active Duty Flying Fish
382 Posts
Wow Dick, Wyatt reminds me of my son...looking forward to taking him to his first aquarium so he can say "FEESH!! FEESH!" over and over again. We're going to San Diego in April, so it will be sooner than later!!

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Good *onday *orning TRT Faithful

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend.....'including the youngin's....which isn't ruled by age. Thinkin' Dick was havin' a pretty fun time @ the aquarium.

Ray....Hope you enjoy the day in that chair!
Cheese 'n Egg Buscuits sound great CAth...Thnx

Didn't see the Oscars......nor any of the fil*s that were up for grabs. Guessin' the silent fil* one must have garnered one or two tropheys.

Feeding, Firewood, Fox Race, Fall Asleep, Friggin' work.....in that order. :p
Enjoy Everyday!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Good morning to all! Easy day today just hangin out to bad its not Friday yet lol

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Good *orning Everyone!!!

Looks like you had a great time Dick! Memories are everything....

Thanx for coffee, Vinnie

have a grat day everyone!

·
Administrator
46,677 Posts
Good Morning Gang hang in Vin over employed is better than not employed
Ray sounds like a sweet gig, maybe the RTI is training for it ;)
Good times at the tank Dick, I see what you mean by not wanting to leave. I just rememberd my grandson Wyatt will be 2 in the next couple weeks
Hope you get fired up Jeff, I need to get into that mode as well
Dave sounds like a long day to balance them nights on he mountain, I need to scrounge up more dry wood, there is a skiff of snow on the ground
Cath, I saw some of Oscars, not that i have seen any of the movies but will prolly see War Horse, otherwise I didnt see anything that spoke to me
Indie, have you folks been over to Monterey Aquarium, ? I lived in Livermore during High school and loved Seinhart in SF, Went back some years ago and it seemed ok, but then we went to Monterey and WOW, they had to drag me out of there at closing:)
Any races coming up Butch , are you guys still in deep freeze mode?
Have a great day all, i may have to finish nap her for a bit

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good *ornin everyone :)

Dick looks like youre a great grandparent I can only imagine how excited the little guy was.

Cath I really wanted to see War Horse in theatres however, I dont think its possible around here anymore so I think Im gunna attempt to see Act of Valor.

James Im just hanging out too. Just 1 week till im shipped out to Fort Sill Ok.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone! I started posting last week but ended up getting sick not posting! Now all but the cough is gone and I'm back! Hooray! Time to get to know you guys for real! I work in Daytona Beach and today we are all eagerly watching the weather in hopes we can get this race underway tonight!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend! The pics were fun to look at! Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Afternoon, Cath, Jeff, Indie, Dave, James, Butch, Doug, Hector, & Coley! :)

Thanks, everybody. Yes, I had just as much fun as Wyatt did. I've been to a lot of them and the Gatlinburg aquarium is one of the very best and especially good for kids as there are lots of displays and interactive stuff for the younger set. One of the neatest part is that as a local, we get 50% off regular admission prices. :blob:

I didn't watch the Oscars last night. I have little interest in movies newer than the ones shown on Turner Classic Movies. ;)

Indie, nothing can compare to the excitement of the little ones with their new experiences. I saw a lot of that with the other children at the aquarium, too. It was my youngest daughter who got me into the whole aquarium/fish/coral stuff in the first place, beginning with that first goldfish.

Dick looks like youre a great grandparent I can only imagine how excited the little guy was.
James Im just hanging out too. Just 1 week till im shipped out to Fort Sill Ok.
Thanks, I've had some practice as I've been a grandad for over 20 years now. Wyatt is just the newest. :)
Hope your transfer goes smoothly.

Dave, 5 "F" things should be enough to keep you busy. :nuts:

On to the afternoon ......

Dick:)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Afternoon gang.
Coley, welcome to the morning thread, glad you are feeling better.
Great pics Dick. Looks like a good time was had by all.
Playing the catch up on paperwork game. Still have a little ways to go just yet.
Y'all have a good day!
Ray

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Hello everyone! I started posting last week but ended up getting sick not posting! Now all but the cough is gone and I'm back! Hooray! Time to get to know you guys for real! I work in Daytona Beach and today we are all eagerly watching the weather in hopes we can get this race underway tonight!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend! The pics were fun to look at! Thanks for sharing!
Hey Coley

Welcome to the Daily thread......I was hoping the race would have come off @ 1 pm. Nanacy called and said not til 7 tonight.
Can you speed this up a bit......after all you're right on site? :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, as I look out my office window, the sun is desperately trying to peek out from the clouds so that is a plus!! I have to check the radar and see if we are expecting anymore rain. I know a lot of our guests (I work in hotels) were hoping for an earlier race time but seeing as I'm stuck in the office without a tv, I'm kinda glad they are looking at racing under the lights, lol. If they get rained out tonight, it looks like the race is moved to April 6th! Fingers crossed that doesn't happen! And I'll definitely put in that order for no more rain for the rest of the afternoon! By the way, who is your driver???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts