The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when ever something breeds in my tanks, i assume im doing a good job, but im worried about this one, i have about 30 cerith snails, (46 gallon) i started noticing little clutches of eggs here and there. but i figured they were dying before they hatched or were getting eaten. the other night i was staring really closely at my tank and i noticed, on the bottom inch of my front glass, where i dont scrape with the magnet, there was a tiny snail about every inch. then it dawned on me, if there are that many on just the bottom inch of the front glass, how many are on the back? or on the live rock!! or in the sand!!!!! there has to be tons of them in the tank, and i keep seeing more and more eggs!!! is this gonna get bad? or will everything balance out and everyone be happy, is there a fish (like a mandarin??) that will eat these? should i not even worry?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Geoff said:
do not worry about it. they will find their own equilibrium in the tank. think about all of the money you are saving by not having to buy more snails. :D

G~
would a mandarin eat them??

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
i believe mandarins only eat the different types of pods not snails...

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bummer

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I say Live and Let Live unless they take over then Kill them all and let God sort them out.

Sorry I could not resist. But Geoff stated things will find a balance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts