The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well howdy howdy folks, rise and shine!!!

It looks to be the start of a beautiful *onday morning round here. Perfect day for the start of a brand new job. So i guess it's time to iron some clothes and pretty myself up :)

I'll report in later when i get home from work :D

havea great day everyone!

Jay

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning Jay and Everyone!

Well it's 5:01AM MST in Missoula, Montana! Will be headed off to work in a few minutes for another long week at the lumber mill!

Suppose to be a little cooler today so that should be nice!

Everyone enjoy your "Monday"! Man that's a hard word to say at the beginning of the work week!:)

·
Super Moderator
27,677 Posts
Good Mawnin' Jay and Johnny and TRT!!!

cath passin' around the piggy bank to collect Johnny's *onday fine. Course, it does add to our TRT kitty ;)

Jay- I wanna see a pic of you all prettied up. Who's gonna check to see if your seams are straight?

Today I'm have the closing on the refinancing of my house!! Yipeeee...gonna do some home improvement. Just a little, not the big bucks, but I'm so happy about this :beer:

Onward and upward folks. Lots of love and hugs to everyone in TRT Land.

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Mornin' All! last day off for me today, already washed da truck, gonna have another cup o coffee, and get to waxin' it b4 it gets too hot,,,then prob more yard work , and a w/c here and there,,,,
looks to be a nice nice here,,,
oh ya , gotta make some calls and start fires under the insure co. and stuff,,,,,,
everyone have a great day!:)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Good Morning TRT! Coffee...NEED Coffee...Coffee. I am having a hard time waking up this morning and wish I could go back to bed. Oh well. Hope everyone has a great day and super week.

Jay, Good luck on the new job.

Earl

·
Registered
662 Posts
Good Mornin' everyone...
gonna be a gggrreat day i central Indiana...

going to Premium Aquatics to pick up an actinic bulb and odds and ends...ballast should be in today...been over a week since I ordered it (from Kirby Risk)...need to get an overflow to get the sump hook up...picking up two clownfish and a cuke...
then,
need to buy Drew another basketball goal...they broke the old backboard (he should get good at "nutt'n but net") get it put up and then back to work tomorrow...I think I'll need to go back to work to get some rest...

everyone have a great day...

bob

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
good morning all!!!

weather is a little gloomy here. makes this *onday the way it should be, i guess.:(

finally, got started on the stand for Newfiemom yesterday. i will if i can get her to get some pics. i am bad about not getting pics. i just go full bore into a project and stop for nothing.:D all of the framing is done. will start skinning soon, it all depends on when i can mow the lawn.:(

Jay-good luck on the new job!!

G~

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
JJJJJJob eeeewwwwwww thats a nasty way to start off the new week , good luck bro :D

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Morning folks!

Been trying to catch up on email for over an hour, Lord it's hard to go back to dial up! :rolleyes:

Enjoyed my visit with Mike yesterday; boy that skimmer creates some foam. Tanks looking good too :)

Looks as though the sun is trying to break through here; I can live with that.

Alice

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Jay,

Awesome, and congrats!!!!!! I can only effectively speak for myself, but I think that I echo everyone elses sentiments who are in the know about your situation by saying, I'm pretty **** proud of you. Giving up what you are and the lifestyle that it has, is a difficult thing to do. I wish you the best of luck in your new journey in life, and always remember why you made the choice you did as it will be the basis of strength that will carry you through.

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Alice said:
Morning folks!

Been trying to catch up on email for over an hour, Lord it's hard to go back to dial up! :rolleyes:
Geez Alice, be like me,,only had dial up,,,never had better, never miss it ( i DO send and download BIG things at work tho,,heheheh.plus i look at all the big pics and stuff fromTRTat work too,,,,LOL
so i know how sucky my download speed is here) the price i pay for my rural'ness:funny: i was told once , "no cable for you",,,not enuf homes inna square mile area",,,geez i have 10 acres, and darn near everyone around me has 5-10 themselves...LAND DISCRIMINATION!:mad: :mad:

PS: ta make you feel better Alice, the TV guy is coming over to look at my lightning damaged 40 ft. tv tower and rotor,,
you quessed it ,,,,NO CABLE OR DISH! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!:funny:
mebbe i'll get a dish in the future,,,,burns me to pay for something outa the air! LOL
and no my phone is NOT up on top of the pole , ala "Green Acres"
:funny: :funny: :funny:

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Ditto Jay!:beer: :beer: :beer:
let us know how the new working man feels!:D

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Hi yall.

I got up bright an early...right at the crack of Noon....

Actually I had to come in early since I have a conference I have to attend this evening. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy ..not...

I was put under a gun and asked to make change water for two of our tanks. (Not mine , mind you) This was Friday. I thought about the urgency this morning as I am drinking coffee and seeing the same two buckets still mixing....

Ray

·
Registered
133 Posts
Okay, so it isn't morning anymore, but better late than never!

I thought I had forgotten what school was like, but I just got back my last lesson from a training course we have to take at work...and I didn't pass. The reviewer put herself in the position of a "less-informed reader", and then responded to my report as if she were in grade school. Less-informed does not mean 3 years old. They were so incredibly nit-picky, so I voiced my opinion loudly to people who have effect over these things. They agreed on most points. Then I found out that something like 90% of our department didn't pass on the first go-round, and everyone hates these people. So why do we have to take their stupid course? So I can write a report to their satisfaction in a format and with language that I will never ever use in my actual work environment? That's what I call productive!

Wow. Didn't mean to get quite so soap-boxy...

My stand looks great, thanks to Geoff! Well, the frame anyway. I wanted to help more, but it is hard (impossible) for both of us to be out in the garage when the baby is awake. And then the tour comes on at 8 when the baby goes to bed. I will try to remember to snag a pic soon - I am not much better at remembering to capture the moment!

Hope everyone has had a better *onday than me!

:p

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the well wishes everyone, very much appreciated!!

the first day went well. boss just sort of showed me around the office, showed me a few of the programs we use there, showed me the manuals, distributer contact books, how to make a quote, how to read blue prints for a customer, how to answer the phones, which line is for which business, how to transfer the calls, what all the sales peoples cell phone numbers are, and about 15 other things :eek: all of which i'll remember two items :funny: my head is about to explode lol..

overall it was a great day, we get along great, and he's really nice and patient. i found out though, from his words, he doesnt really want to have me be "just" the "office manager" he wants a right hand man... so... this will lead to good things i think.

he already told me that in 60 days after the move to the new building, (which is triple the size of the current building) that's he's gonna give me a huge raise, and also cut me in on a percentage of each sale that the sales people make.

well gotta run, i'm starved!!!! here's a pic for ya... would you hire me ? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Hey Jay! Proud to call you my son!!! Looking good! Man the "J" crowd are cute aren't they!!:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts