The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I found out today that my local marine lab has a deep sea filter that brings in saltwater from deep in the ocean. They have a hose hooked up to it on the outside for anyone to use. Its also filtered, so I guess I should be good to go.

DERM
:)

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Geoff said:
yet another reason why middle of nowhere NC is not the place to be if you are a reefer.:D

that is really cool.

G~
Ahem...what about us middle of the US? Us poor KS reefers are farthest from the oceans! heh heh

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
lol you got that right jeremey, ohio sucks too.

the best we have is the filthy maumee river.. heck i cant even swim in that!!!

funny thing is, people wont swim in it, because its too polutted, BUT they'l leat fish from it :rolleyes:

well, we also have lake erie, but it's fw so that doesnt count :funny:

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Same thing with the KAW in Lawrence... no one will swim in it cause it is so dirty, but people fish from it. Hmmm... I guess their thinking is that at least they can boil or cook the fish at temps high enough to kill the stuff on it. :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Well the "middle of nowhere" Montana is not a great place for reef aquariums and water changes!

Water here is so darn cold that you turn blue all over and fingers go numb from drinking a glass of it!!:D

A friend and I hiked into a mountain lake one year and it was very hot that day and I jumped right into the lake and about walked on water to get out and I was shaking like crazy and my family "jewels" were hurting and I looked up and out in the middle of the lake was an iceberg and I laughed like hell!!:eek:

My friend and I made a pack to both go into the water so he had to jump in as well which made it worst since he knew what to expect! It wasn't pretty!!:funny:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.