The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning TRT!!

Well I woke up at around 3 AM so got up for a bit and decided to check out the forum!!

We still have alot of smoke in our area and 8 major fires around Missoula! Stomach feels funny and eyes and lungs have been burning slightly with the smoke! Alot of my co-workers are feeling it as well! Hoping for a break in the weather! The largest fire has burned over 19,000 acres!!

Well I think I will go back to bed and just relax and hopefully dose off again! Have a nice Friday everyone!

Attachments

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
Fires in Montana (and all over the West), blackouts in the Northeast. Makes the rain we've been getting seem a little less significant. I still want to go diving though, and the visibility sucks.
Happy Friday everyone.

·
Super Moderator
28,197 Posts
Good to see you, Johnny, Yardboy, and Casey. I see Jay out there, and he's prolly scribbling out a note even as I type.

Good Mawnin' TRT!!!! Let's send our special prayers for the firefighters in Montana and all the folks in darkened areas.

Jeremy, I hope your friend's hand improves as the days pass. I know he's grateful to have you so close.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
nope you beat me cath.. i had a customer call just as i logged on :(

her range caught on fire yesterday, so she needed a part sent right away so she could have it installed this morning before her lunch rush.. well i got the manufactuer to special courier it to us so she would get it at around 11 last night (shipping from california)

so she called me first thing this morning to tell me she didnt get it, in hysterics because its not here.. so i called the courier..duh, the part never made it here on time, because all the planes were grounded!!! but of course, that's my fault and the manufactueres fault, and the couriers fault.

it really burns me sometimes. we have fires in the west, no power in much of the east. peoples planes have ben grounded, peoples pets are dying. people are burning in the heat with no ac. people cant cook, and they have food thats goign to go bad in thier fridges, and shes worried about her range not working, because her problems take precedence over the rest of the country's problems.. :rolleyes: oh well, gotta take it with a smile on your face and be nice..customer is always right :funny:

time to get ready, and get out of here, late i might add.. :rolleyes:

have a great day on this FRIDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jay

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Good morning everyone! Man..that blackout thing is weird. All the news keeps talking about is the major cities... does that mean the small towns in those states have power? Or did this strike only those major cities?

Cath - looked at his hand last night. Right now, it is just the last joint of the 2 fingers that are blue, so it looks like he might be losing just the two tips, (which is so much better then the whole finger). He goes back in today to have more cleaned out of his hand. He seems to be taking it pretty well. Going crazy with not working though. ;)

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Good Morning!

My family is from "back east" - and we have a Blackout Party ever November 9th to celebrate the anniversary of the '65 blackout. (My dad had just started working at ConEd in Manhatten, and drove into the darkened city on his motorcycle to help turn the lights back on.)

Anyway, I do hope that the power comes back on soon for our eastern neighbors - and that the fires in the west come under control. And I thought our drought was bad... (We're something like 10" below normal - no rain at all in July.)

Take care, and have a great day!
Danielle

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Morning yall. Well my tank to be doing nicely and I noticed a stark white almost like a carnation coral growing from the back of the live rock where I almost never see.

I guess the Dt's does its stuff.

Ray

·
Super Moderator
28,197 Posts
Congrats on the tank growth, Ray! Yup, DT's is good stuff.

Johnny...I meant to comment on the beautiful good morning art you put in. Brightened the corner where I am.

·
Super Moderator
22,646 Posts
Mornin' All

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Thank god it's finally Friday!!!

Just got back from getting my hair cut and then off to the LFS...

The fires and blackouts make our drought seem minor....still prayin' for rain though.

Have a good day everyone!

J.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Good morning...
the fire's, blackouts, droughts, etc...make a whole bunch of things seem kinda insignificant...hope everyone and everything comes through with minimal damage (mental or physical).....

kids are back in/at school..boy its quiet around here...

remember the "fish" philosophy...you choose your attitude...

have a great day (if at all possible)

bob

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
Good Morning Everyone :) its pleasent 67 right now, high of 90 predicted , not that we have gotten any appreciable rain lately but I noticed the Fire Danger Index sign at the State Forestry office was down to High from Extreme last week. Crossing my fingers that we don't get any lightning
The big fire near here last summer burnt a half million acres before it was contained including a sizable portion of the Kalmiopsis Wilderness Area, which is a unique botanical ecosystem, containing species that exist no where else. We have some very good Firefighter crews that are in Montana now, along with reserves from all over
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Firefighters and the people affected by the fires. If you have never been in proximity to a fire like this you can't imagine, Smoke so thick that the noon sun is a barely discernable orange blob in the sky, ash everywher and it hurts to breathe. Best of luck J and P
Jeremy hope it goes well for your friend, hopefully long term damage will be minimal. I understand his frustration at being off work. I have been off a month and a half with my broken leg, to say the least I am going stir crazy ;)
Hope the day goes well for everyone else, it is friday :D ENJOY

·
Registered
314 Posts
Good day to you to....tom is my B-day.....yeah i turn 25...wow i feel old.....have a good weekend

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Heck, I just keep thinking about all those folks that have to go through the day without coffee...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.