The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am cheating, but I don't care. Danielle just got called out for a domestic violence call and I just finished playing basketball with the neighbors. Remind me to never play basketball barefooted again. My feet are raw, and I have chipped off almost every toe nail on my feet. The important part is that I won!!!!

A friend of ours came over and brought her dog to play with Sasha and Nik tonight. Sashe managed to tire out Nik and our friends dog, as well as the neighbors beagle! She still had lots of energy left.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

Andrew:)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
shoeless basketball at 2 in the morning? andrew you are crazy!!!

mornin mornin everyone.. off to the office.

see ya!

·
Registered
706 Posts
MORNING ALL!!!! wow this posting good morning threads before going to bed is SOOOOO much easier than waking up early.

Dave

Stand progress....IM NOT TELLING...I think Jay is being secretive so I better start playing my cards closer to my chest...he is skerd!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
lol nah not being secretive. i jsut havent touched it all week :) last time i did anything to the stand, was the day i bought the cheapo paint from big lots and painted the canopy.

haven't touched it since. been waiting for the weekend due ot lousy weather. we had greta weather yesterday, but i chose to be a couch potato :)

PLANNING to get he rest of the stand coated with the cheapo paint today and tommorrow, and then get a coat of good stuff over that by monday, but we'll see how that plan actually comes together.

ok, now i'm REALLY off to work.. later.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ok in that case.......
I did get the cabinet done today....(frame anyway). I hit a snag...the 55g is not going to work for a sump..way to tall..but thats ok....plus the wife decided at the last minute that she wants the tank on a different wall, which means that I have to swap ends the tank will now be on the right not the left...the cabinet will be on the left... Glad she decided this today!

I've also decided to skin the stand in plywood. I may just put really large doors on it instead of making it removable....just too much work to do what I wanted, and I have the itch to start it up too much now.

Finally got aroudn to cutting the floor around the legs UGH!

The canopy is cut and will be pieced together tomorrow. I will probably skin it one day this week. But it will take several days to trim, fill holes, and stain. Im warning you though...once that stand is done its off to the races!!!

Dave

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Morning....

So, how many beers did it take to get you on the basketball court in bare feet???

Considering the time, about 11 hours ago, I got myself some nice stalks of Xenia.... They are all opened up and doing well... One peculiar thing I noticed though was that there was a pellet of carbon imbedded in the base of one of the stalks... I removed it to find out what it was, but it's a good sign that this is captive fragged coral...

Hopefully I'll hear from seamonkey and can pick up a few frags of colt coral from him.... Other than that, going to relax this weekend....

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

It was really cool and rainey here in Missoula yesterday and last night with thunder and lightning!! More rain expected today! Sure cool things down around here!!

Suppose to go fishing with my son today but we will see how that turns out!

Got to do some make-up water today for the tank. Summer likes to suck the water out of your tank!:eek:

Well the pagoda cup coral I fragged yesterday is doing really well and the other piece in Pat's tank is coming around as well!

Well I will be doing my glucose reading and taking my insulin shortly so everyone have a nice weekend and be nice to your critters!!:)

·
Super Moderator
22,402 Posts
Mornin All! 3 midders down, 2 to go,,,had some nasty rain/wind go thru last nite, looks like we fared ok tho,,,
first thing today , is to figger out whats zapping me in the 75 ,,,so if i gotta get a PH or sumpthin, i can get it during my running around today,,,,,somethin's "leakin'":eek: :mad:
everyone have a great day/saturday/weekend!
aHEM,,,,, Cath-Jay? are we sleeping in today?
don' make us come get ya up!:D

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Mornin Mornin How is everyone? Gonna be a beauty here today.
Have a great Saturday everyone :)

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
"Cath-Jay? are we sleeping in today?
don' make us come get ya up:D "

YIPES!!! no no no...not the ice!! Please, noooooo I be good today, I promise, Jeff... wulllll...mebbe :rolleyes:

GOOD MAWNIN' TRT! and my excuse is that I was up late talkin to Dave and Patrick, and other folks on chat! Does that count?

This afternoon is the big Frag Fest at Tom's place in the hinterlands of Spartanburg County. You all still have time to zip right on over! Frags, food, and friendship! What more can you ask?

Andy!! I know hoops are an important part of life, but OMMIGOD your feet. Makes me shivver inside to think of that. Do we get to call you Shoeless Reefer now?
How awful for Danielle to have to go run out for domestic violence emergency. Good that they have such a loving person there for them. Once again she brings pride to TRT and BRW :)

Peace love and hugs to everyone!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
sleeping in...dont i wish!! i was at work. jsut got home.

now i'm off to movietickets.com to buy some tickets for finding nemo for the earliest show today!!

dave sounds good. but umm, tank on right, cabinet on left, because the wife says so...c'mon bro, tell the truth, you jsut wanna be like me :) lol

as for your skin and doors, my skin is only large enough to cover all the 2x4 framing behind it. so even if it were removable, it still wouldnt give much more access than will already be there with large doors. you'll probably have about the same.

too bad about the sump though, so what are you going to use for a sump now? see, i made my stand 36" tall, so i had plenty of room to use the 29g which is the same height as the 55. you COULD just redo the legs, and make the tank taller so you can still use the 55. unless you have something else available to use for your sump..

good luck either way.

ok. shower time and then i'm off to the movies. can't wait to get my pop quiz from casey!

·
Super Moderator
22,402 Posts
I KNEW i would get youz two out here!;)
cath, ya know we want a report/pics for the partaaay ,,right?;)

·
Administrator
47,621 Posts
Morning gang :) the weather is cooled off here, or is the sun a fluke here. Anyway hope it stays dry for the drive back. When I get home I have to download and go thru pics

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
Junkzoo said:
I KNEW i would get youz two out here!;)
cath, ya know we want a report/pics for the partaaay ,,right?;)
Oh ya! I'm fixin' food even as I sit here.....Umm...I better get my butt in gear! ;)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Buzz_Hog said:
Morning....

So, how many beers did it take to get you on the basketball court in bare feet???

LOL.. Not a single one! You have to play when they break out the basketball! I just happened to be missing a fairly important part of the equipment. The part that hurt me was the fact that I played like I had shoes on. Fast breaks, spins, and jump shots will really wear down your skin when you play on cement! We may have a small 2 on 2 tournament set up for tonight. I will be sure to put on some shoes before playing.

Last night was a bad night for domestic violence. :( Danielle recieved a total of three calls and did not get home until 5:30 this morning. She is obviously still in bed.

Have a great weekend!

Andrew

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Morning folks! Clouds are supposed to mostly burn off later here, which is good. We're going to the Rose Festival Starlight Parade tonight and while we've watched it in the rain more than once, I'd rather not ;)

Got a list of "honey-do" stuff to get done around here today, trying to decide which jobs to do myself and which ones I'll just "supervise." :D

Enjoy your Saturday!

Alice

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Ok, I'm up. Finally. And actually, I didn't get home until 7:30. Crazy night + 2.5 hours of sleep = me sleeping in late to try to squeeze 6 hours in. Oh well. Somebody's gotta do it, and I got to pester the county commissioner and a judge in the middle of the night too, so I wasn't the only one up.

We're meeting with some of the local reefers for lunch (thankfully late) and might go see Nemo this afternoon. And other than that, I'm going to try to do a little reviewing, and just relax.

Yawn.
Danielle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts