The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good *orning, Vince, Dave, George, & Everybody! :)

90+ x3 across the board weather stats today. No cooling in sight until the weekend, maybe.

Vince, that's got to be tough. Now that you have less travel, seems Kristine is on the road more.

Thanks for the honey, Dave. Nature's best sweet stuff. That'll taste good on George's pancakes.

Full workload for me today; not enough rest but has to be done.

Cath, I checked in last night but was too tired to post.

The 200 mile trip to Belmont for ME to begin college started of inauspicously Saturday when I went out to start the Tahoe, turned the key, then nothing. :( Sudden Death Battery Syndrome and wouldn't hold any charge. A trip to Co-Op for a replacement (was still under warranty as this was a replacement for the same thing that happened last Summer in Chicago) delayed me 1-1/2 hours. FishGirl had to go on in her car by herself as she had a 1PM check in time at the dorm and it was raining. We were quite anxious but she made it fine. I made up some time on her and arrived only 1 hr. behind her. ( I might drive a bit faster than she does.)

Got her moved in ok Saturday afternoon then we had a dinner event for parents and students. They had student volunteers to help with the unloading and carrying stuff to the rooms. That was a welcome surprise but we still did a lot of walking, toting, and carrying to get all the extra supplies and stuff she needed, including a late night run to the grocery store. It was a tired body that laid down for the night at the nearby Holiday Inn.

Sunday started off with a Matriculation program and then lunch on our own at a neat place across from campus. The fruit tea was absolutely delicious and mighty welcome with the heat we'd been walking around in.

That smile had to be forced a little as we'd just finished a long discussion about her classes. She is considering changing majors and class schedules already and classes don't even start til Wednesday. :confused:

The rest of the time was spent dealing with the stress of leaving, both on ME and her parents. They have two more days of orientation programs and a half day of community service projects.

It was a tough two days.

We did stop by to visit daughter Susan and her family on the way back. (Their house is just 1/2 mile off the interstate). Wyatt is really growing and hard to believe he's 9 months old already.

He's such a happy little feller.

Hope you've had a less stressful weekend than I.

Dick:)

·
Super Moderator
26,862 Posts
Good *awnin', Vinnie, Dave, and all of TRT!

Coffee is on, home made biscuits to go with the honey from Dave, local peaches and milk. Sausage to go in the biscuits, if you like.

Vinnie - Good luck on the Mr. Mom gig. Maybe I should say good luck to Jake and Shelby ;)

Dave - OUCH on the big winds last night. I hope that your land hasn't had too much damage.

Hi, HHC!

I'm a real sleepyhead this AM. Since I work late, I may take a power nap at some point this AM.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Super Moderator
26,862 Posts
Hiya, Dick :wavey:

Ouch! That's a bad way to start a weekend that was already an emotional ride for everyone. Good luck to ME on finding the right path. The look on your faces says a great deal. Special hugs to her from one of her TRT aunts ;)

Love the look on Wyatt's face looking up at Granddaddy.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Cath! :)

Thanks, George & Cath. He is a very happy little boy.

Cath, hope you get some rest. Night work ain't natural. ;) It was a an emotional weekend.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
That had to be tough Dick. Your daughter is out there away from home and out in the world. She will excel at whatever she does, but it is helpful to define a path then go do it.

Off to take Kermit (still in 4wd high) to the carwash then order a few parts and do some work.

Hope you all survive *onday.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Definitely *onday here.
Was supposed to go to EMS today, but couldn't make it. Glad I called in because I feel worse now than I did at 6a*. Achey all over and a crampy belly. Thought I knew what was going on but I am starting to question my diagnosis.
Dick, he sure does look like he loves his grandpa. I changed majors twice in college. Can't remember the exact numbers, but more graduated from NC State with a different major than with the one they started with.
Y'all have a good day!
Ray

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Good Morning Gang. Thanks for the coffee and videls.

Dick sounds like a rough weekend. Things will get better.

I'm off today and need to run over to home depot then off to the Y for a swim with my wife and kids.

I'll check in later.

Fred

·
Super Moderator
26,862 Posts
You are tired Cath! you *issed *e twice!
Caught *e. :funny:

Definitely *onday here.
Was supposed to go to EMS today, but couldn't make it. Glad I called in because I feel worse now than I did at 6a*. Achey all over and a crampy belly. Thought I knew what was going on but I am starting to question my diagnosis.

Ray
Did you eat so*e of those tainted eggs?

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
*an I am in complete agony today. Burnt hands, bloody knuckles and pain everywhere from laying on those rocks. C'mon caffeine and vitamin I!

·
Administrator
46,690 Posts
Morning Gang, looks like everyone has been busy already. Sorry bout the hassles and such with the trip Dick, I m sure she will be fine , no matter what she takes now. Wyatt is gettin big.
Ray, hope you feel better soon. I have my quartely Dr visit this am, that's why I am up so early.

·
Super Moderator
22,091 Posts
Afternoon all:fish:

Don't worry , i did not oversleep or forget you all, (guess mebbe i was not in the mood to do the "*" thing today LOL)
They beat me up and over in rehab/therapy this morning:deadhorse:, supposedly for my own good.Still buying into that, but still hurts ta feel good :crap:.

Not sure what the gameplan is today, still got time left to salvage the day to make it worth waking up for i guess.

Hope everyone has a great day! :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
22,091 Posts
Night work ain't natural.
Have to say i agree with you there Dick, but i suppose my twist on that would be it's preferable,compared to the alternative in my case.(tho i ain't missing going w/out sleep for a week, every 3rd week:rolleyes:)

I know it's a parent's right and normal to do so, but don't worry about M.E., both the college and M.E. will benefit from her being there, no problem.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Afternoon, Everybody! :)

Work went well with no drama, always a good thing. I had time afterwards to become one with the Blackberry generation. I resisted trading in my venerable LG flip phone which I like but since the extra Blackberry Bold was free, I couldn't really pass it up. I will never learn all its features but after only about an hour of trying, I have learned to make and receive telephone calls. :chatter:

Thanks for all the supporting and encouraging words about the very trying time for ME's transition to college. Life as I've known it for 13 years of her going to the same school will never be the same.

Definitely *onday here.
Dick, he sure does look like he loves his grandpa. I changed majors twice in college. Can't remember the exact numbers, but more graduated from NC State with a different major than with the one they started with.
Ray, maybe you should consult with someone with medical training? :nuts: Hope you recover and feel better soon.

Yes, little Wyatt and I do have a good thing going between us. :agree:

As for changing majors, who woulda thunk a pre-med chemistry major would end up playing cops and robbers for real and assorted other jobs and end up doing what I do now?

Have to say i agree with you there Dick, but i suppose my twist on that would be it's preferable,compared to the alternative in my case.(tho i ain't missing going w/out sleep for a week, every 3rd week:rolleyes:)

I know it's a parent's right and normal to do so, but don't worry about M.E., both the college and M.E. will benefit from her being there, no problem.
Night work isn't so bad unless you alternate with changing shifts, as you well know.

It's not only a parent's right but for anyone who cares about their kids, a sworn duty to worry about them. I trust her and told her so but that doesn't stop me from wanting everything to be perfect for her. After all, she is my baby. :D

Back to Blackberry training.............

·
Super Moderator
22,091 Posts
It's not only a parent's right but for anyone who cares about their kids, a sworn duty to worry about them. I trust her and told her so but that doesn't stop me from wanting everything to be perfect for her. After all, she is my baby. :D
You are SO right Dick :agree: :thumbup:

Having never met ME, but think i know she has a good head on her shoulders, growin' up with such a great Dad to guide her, i won't be surprised we hear from her soon doing something great that she loves.:thumbup:

Lemme know how the b-berry learnin' goes too, i've been toying with the idea of getting one myself .Even tho i resist 110% the idea of texting, something about going backwards (IMO) in forms of communication. I expect the younger generation is gonna find actually writing a letter and using snail mail the "in" thing to do shortly :rolleyes: .'

Heck, my last/current phone , i had told the guy, "just gimme a simple ol' cell phone, no camera etc." He laughed , said you can always get a Jitterbug phone :doh:(Of course i had to get one w/ a camera, but this is a fella that has never gone over his minutes phonecall -wise,and never popped for getting sending/recieving pics or texting in his package.)

Geez, college ejumacated with a degree n all for the last 28-30 yrs(EE) and i am starting to dismiss technology nowadaze.

I think it's just seeing most everyone texting instead of thinking where they are walking(or driving) that got me in this frame of mind :nuts:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts