The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning TRT!

I'm up early tending to the generator, will probably get some more sleep.

I will throw on the coffee.

we went to get gas last night, 99.9, long lines as most all stations are closed due to lack of power.

the storm didn't spare no one. Even the general lee took a hit. At theJohn Schneider Studios just east of here.

have a great day

·
Administrator
16,806 Posts
Good morning Vinnie, and a big HAPPY TUESDAY TO ALL!
Heart felt condolences for the General..... ?

we went to get gas last night, 99.9, long lines as most all stations are closed due to lack of power.
What's the 99.9? Is that the miles you had to travel to find gas......or is THAT the price??

THANKS for the coffee, and hope you get some more shut eye.....Everything bagels again today....Hack's still sleeping so you may have a fighting chance.

Looks like rains and elevated winds may be inching this way tomorrow and Thursday, but nothing compared to what Vinnie saw out his window.

Peace to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
16,806 Posts
Where is Hack tonight? Unusual for him not to poke his head in the door after work.
Good morning Cath, when you do get here.
Yesterday was a LOOOOOONG DAY!.........A butt slow morning at work under bright highly warm skies, followed by a rush of haul outs early afternoon.....this the reason of not slipping out early.

A quick stop at home before going back out to PT......and then straight to HeckNo Mart for a 'curb side' pick up...... Between 7/8:00p Got the text after PT at 7p 'Your order is ready, and I arrived there by 7:00p. Left there at 9:45p!:mad: Who ever had 'HACK WAS STEAMING in the TRT pool' WON! Fit to be tied. Got home and unpacked by 10:30p, quick sandwich then off to calm my well controlled temper in bed.
I have a strong disliking for that establishment.
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
284 Posts
Mornin everyone. A little off today. Must have slept funny, my right ear is plugged and my balance is off. Left the bike home and took the truck today, not likely to fall off that.

Hack brings up a good point, what are you guys paying for gas down there? We are about $5.28 for regular & $5.89 for premium a gallon.

Have a good day folks.

·
Super Moderator
27,422 Posts
Good mawnin’, Vinnie, Hack, Tinsnips (I blanked out on your real name), and all of TRT,

Vinnie - Thanks for the coffee! Hope you got a big nap this morning.

Yeah, I’m wondering about the 99.9 too.

Hack - Once again, thanks for the multigrain bagel for me. I’ll set out cream cheese, local preserves, nanners, and local apples. PB is on the table too.

OUCH on your wait time at WallyWorld!😤

Tinsnips - Uh oh... sorry to hear about you being dizzy. Driving doesn’t sound too safe either. Hope you get to feeling more like yourself soon!

Gas prices here range from $2.57 at Sam’s to $2.89 at some Marathons.

Oh, Perry....?

More sorting and tossing todayl

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Rick, but I answer to Tin or Tinsnips. What is the actual moving day Cath?

·
Premium Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good morning Hack, Rick, Cath.

99.9 is 99.9 % of the people in line are cool and polite. The rest are jerks. It was early when I woke up and not thinking 100%

·
Premium Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, I’m awake now. Thinking more clear.

now to explain the gas thing here and crazy people. At a station yesterday someone shot another person over their place in line. No serious injuries. Then last night we where in line and the gas lane next to us there was an argument over cutting in line and a gun was pulled. Police showed up. All over gas.

Rick get checked out, hope it goes away and is nothing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've had inner ear issues before Vinnie. The big fancy name for it is Benign Positional Vertigo. It comes and goes every couple years. Will monitor for any other symptoms but it will pass. Nothing clinical they can do to treat or ease it. There is an positional exercise that helps resolve it.

It is my right ear this time so I am in NASCAR mode at the moment - I only turn left.

·
Premium Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to know Rick, the last few years I have had issues with my ears and hearing from side affects of chemo and radiation, I was almost deaf for about 6 months after treatment. It’s gotten better, not 100% but I can at least hear now.

·
Administrator
47,314 Posts
Morning all checkin in from work, left tablet here yesterday and couldn't log in from phone.
Hope the day goes better for everyone. Gas is near $4 a gal here :(

·
Premium Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Morning Doug, that’s some high price for gas. We are one of the cheapest places in the US for gas. They did report gas will be going up because Ida caused most of the oil platforms to shut down production in the gulf.

·
Administrator
47,314 Posts
We have always been higher than rest of countr but Cal is even more speedy.
Chilly morm but 80s later. I see smoke peaking over the hills but I am cure it will move in later

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
California has always been crazy when it comes to fuel. High gas taxes. When I was driving over the road I alway filled up in Arizona or Nevada to avoid the cost.

·
Super Moderator
27,422 Posts
Rick, but I answer to Tin or Tinsnips. What is the actual moving day Cath?
September 2.On September 1 some women from the moving company come here to wrap up and box things.
How much is your gas?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I paid $5.28/gal for regular this past weekend. Supreme is around $5.89/gal. It is up right now, we are typically just around $5.00

·
Administrator
16,806 Posts
Come on Folks.....com'in up with a FAN RAISER for them poor pilgrims out there......Kinda like Jed Clampet bought into to help clean up San Bernardino valley.......a tunnel project to put a giant fan in the mountain. 🤔 😁
Hack

·
Administrator
16,806 Posts
Our price has been very volatile here since THAT last election......was holding nice n steady, and relatively low.....not it's at $3.199/10 here, with a range on the 1/2 hour drive to the shore between $3219/10 and $3.089/10......swing a nickle easily over the course of a week, but bouces around this mark all summer.
Hack

1 - 20 of 27 Posts