The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, its friday...barely but Im sitting here at work thought I would wake everyone up!

Ive been MIA for the last two or three days. My wife decided she wanted to buy a condo at the lake, so we have been working out the details for the last few days....loans, stock etc. We aren't looking to do anything soon, but it has been hectic never-the-less.

Got a coat of paint on the outside of the stand...hope to finish painting it today, and get the tank moved to the stand on Saturday.....wet-test on saturday afternoon (will be buying plumbing supplies on Saturday afternoon). If all works out the entire tank will be moved to the living room of my basement on Sunday. The stand won't have doors, and won't have trim but it will be out of the way in the garage so that I can make room for the doors and trim to be worked on...also I need to get all my equipment up and off of the floor in our living room....that balast laying on top of my foosball table is making it tough to get a game in.

On a sad note, I am postponing the "reef" instead I will get all my base rock and one or two pieces of live rock (not much) and just get the fish that I plan on keeping. I also won't buy my iwasaki's right away, I will save that cost for later on. So I will be running NO lights over my tank for a while, and just base rock without corals for a while. I need to start saving money for the down payment on this condo, so I can't fork out the 300-400 that I still wanted to put into this tank.....but I have too much invested not to start now, so Im at least going to get it started as a FOWLR...heck all ill have to do down the road is add bulbs and corals....

Well here comes the boss...back to work
Dave

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
heh, I am finished, I am going to bed, see you folks in the "real" Friday morning...

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Happy Friday everyone!

I'm only working a half-day today and then going to get my daughter from camp this afternoon!

It's amazing how quiet a house can be when your kid is away. I can't wait for her to get home and to hear all of her stories about camp.

Jodi

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Happy Friday, Everyone!

For the first time in recent memory, the weather forecast for East Tennessee doesn't have rain in it for the next 5 days!!!! :dance:

I've been AWOL for a while, for which I apologize, but 'circumstances' have been unusual for some time. At least, 'circumstances' are better than 'symptoms'! :)

Busy day for me, trying to close the sale on a piece of property in another town; be glad to finally get rid of that old house!! Also last minute preparations for FishGirl to leave for a week of camp at Billy Graham's Cove Camp in North Carolina. She went last year and is really looking forward to it. If any of you ever have the opportunity, I can highly recommend it. A great experience for the kids.

Some of you may remember the tiger cubs that FishGirl was bottle feeding last year. Well , they've grown just a little. Here's a shot of Jahan swimming in his pool. Since tigers love the water, I guess this is semi-aquarium related! :D

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and there's sunshine where you live!

Dick:)

·
Super Moderator
27,682 Posts
GOOD MAWNIN' TRT!!!

Woah, looks like I'm the sleepy head here in comparrison.

Dave - I was wondering what you were up to lately. Sounds like a lot of stuff going on with you. And some tough decisions. So glad to see you.

DICK!!!!!!! Howdie, Stranger. I'm sooooo glad to see you here, and hope that those "circumstances" clear up so you can have some smooth sailing ....AKA be with us :) :) WOW..I guess tigers grow fasst just like kids.

And good mawnin' to everyone else out there in TRT land. I'm running late & gotta get my butt in gear.

Love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

Do we need the ice cubes and pincers for cath?:rolleyes:

Dick very beautiful pic and yes that kitty has grown alot!!:)

Got my long work week done and getting ready for my 3 day weekend! One more week and I have a week off for vacation!!:dance:

Our LFS is suppose to have thier grand opening on July 1st so looking forward to seeing their new layout!!

Everyone enjoy your Friday!!:beer:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Morning everyone. I am getting my first cup o coffee ready. I have some cool zoos and some favites coming from Mary Middlebrook today so I am excited. Also I have to get all our paper work notarize for our adoption of a little 6 year old boy from Russia. So it is going to be a busy day. Hope everyone has a great day and an Awesome Weekend.

Earl

·
Registered
852 Posts
Mornin all,

Last minute packing and farewell partying later today. The movers come tomorrow so I'd better be ready :eek:

Probably won't find anything for a week, but the phone company is hooking up the internet connection in the new place today... If I don't misplace my laptop in the move I'll be in touch. :D

Have a good one everybody.
Cherry

P.S. Love the pic of the Tiger, Dick -- beautiful creature :)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
dick awesome pic!!!

cat.. good to see you gots the priorities straight... internet connection, and computer, THEN start unpacking :)

good luck with the move

not much going on here today. i always say that, and then throw out a big list of stuyff i'm gonna do :funny:

i have to pick up some more plumbing stuff for the tank. yesterday i glued the durso together (my idea for a durso/stockman combo wouldnt work due to placement of hole) then i glued half of the union onto the bottom of the durso, and forgot to install the main body (screw part) before gluing the other part on. so i have to go and get a coupler, cut the pipe in half and slip the piece on, then couple it back together .. that's what happens when you rush and dont pay attention :rolleyes:

then i think i'll relax in the pool with some suntan lotion on my skull :) supposed ot be a gorgeous day, it's only 8:30 and already high 70's

AND my sand will arrive today, it's on the delivery truck as i type :D so that means i get 200 pounds of southdown AND my bulkheads AND my plumbing in the same week. woohoo!!!!

edit: oops, have a great day everyone!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good morning. It is a beautiful day outside here. I am actually looking forward to going out. It is an exciting day of Windows 2003 server training for me today.

Have a reefy day all.

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Good morning! Puppy is wound up and chasing the cats around. Oh wait, she does that every morning. :rolleyes:

The pond has plants and a big lily now, so it's a real water garden now. :) I'll post a pic in M'ville when I have the chance. I've also gotta go get some cat food today and clean, as we're having my sister over for the weekend.

Have a great day everyone!
Danielle

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Mornin All!
two more midnites to go, dunno what i am gonna do today,but it won't take long to pick something! i look around and there it is!:funny:
waiting on the coffee now, gonna read the paper quickly, and change cloths, then hit it!
everyone have a great day!:)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Darn it cath! You got in just ahead of me so I guess I need the ice cubes and pincers!!!:funny:

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
I am SOO glad I saw this thread. I have been thinking all morning that it was Thursday! My day got so much brighter when I saw that it was the end of the week! heh heh Happy Friday, or weekend eve! :)

·
Administrator
47,637 Posts
I can't believe she said butt, we used to have standards ;)
FishDaddy, so good to see you again, hows the photography going, we have a few here that take a pic now and then.
Earl congrats on it coming together for the lad, that is so awesome :D

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Hi yall. I wanted to join on this thread. I have a 3 day old 1 gal tank I put together in my cubicle at work. I threw some live rock and seeded a bit of live sand (it has that little ugf) and a hermit crab and a bumblebee snail from my main tank at home. This morning, loe and behold, i see what looks like a white cloud coming from one of the live rock shells (I used a corraline encrusted turbo snail shell as a piece of live rock). I look closer and it is hundreds of tiny shrimp. I can only guess that they may be peppermint shrimp since the tank the rock and sand came from has about 5 of them. I have my wife bringing me a bottle of phytoplankton this afternoon, see if I can save some.

Ray

·
Super Moderator
27,682 Posts
Doug1 said:
I can't believe she said butt, we used to have standards ;)
FishDaddy, so good to see you again, hows the photography going, we have a few here that take a pic now and then.
Earl congrats on it coming together for the lad, that is so awesome :D
Hehehehe! it was a weak moment, Doug ;)

Wooo Hooo Earl! Congrats and love for all of you!

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Friday! Yes!

I'm tired so it's going to be a long day, but who cares? It's Friday!!

Dick-so VERY glad to see you posting this am and that tiger pic is just awesome; Fishgirl did a good job helping to raise him :)

Earl, very heartfelt congratulations. With Foodbuddha's soon-to-be-here bundle of joy, Twilight and deReef's new little girl who is almost here and Brooke and Jon expecting, the TRT family is really growing! I'll just play "Auntie Alice" to all these new little ones 'cause I sure ain't having any more ;)

Enjoy the day everyone!

Alice

<snicker> Cath said "butt"; hehehe

1 - 20 of 27 Posts