The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Good morning and HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, Everybody! :)

Probably more public celebrations on July 4th than any other holiday and for good reason. 230 years ago, a bunch of rebels decided to start their own country and fight King George, so here we are!

Forecast is for 95 today so now I can say; "Hotter'n a firecracker on the Fourth of July"! :D

I really wanted to sleep in for a while this morning but it never happened. :(

Going up to Townsend this afternoon with FishGirl and Victoria to see my son, Victoria's dad and FishGirl's big brother, play with his band at the newly-opened Heritage Center's July 4th celebration. We 'might' shoot some fireworks later.

The sun made it's own fireworks display at sunrise in Cades Cove yesterday morning in the fog and haze.

Hope everybody has a Fantastic Fourth!

Dick:)

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Happy 4TH!
Morning Dick,Jena,Plat and everyone else!Going to rain and I'm going to a outside Wedding that's going to be moved inside.Hope All Have A Great 4th! and the coffee's on!

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Good Morning Dick, Jena, John and Everyone!

Great sunrise, Dick! I wish they'd allow fireworks here....

COFFEE'S ON!!!
Got some new stuff at the LFS Yesterday! :dance:

Have a WONDERFUL 4th Everyone!!!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good Morning, Jena, John, George, & Butch! :)

Thanks, glad you like the Cades Cove sunrise.

Butch, fireworks is Big Business down here, with permanent stores and hundreds of temporary stores set up in tents all over the place. It's illegal to shoot them off in most cities but that's largely ignored on the 4th. I'm a little worried about fires this year as it's pretty dry right now. There'll be lots of Chinese imports going up in smoke tonight like Jason's rockets!!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was a lot of fun and Jason was having a 'blast'!!!! Great shot, with the sparks coming off the fuse!

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
I Love the Look on His Face in This One

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
He has that kid in a candy store look. l0l
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
That's exactly what I thought! :funny:

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
good morning everyone!
Great shot you two!

well got another Jeep yesterday! 1300$ 92 jeep laredo, hunter green . very nice condition too.. nice thing my old jeep wasa 91 so the parts arre the same! heh i can strip the 91 now or soon....
well got a venison roast to start soon it has been marinading all night in am BBQ rub .. now to slow cook it after searing it

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
Morning all!!!

Off to a BBQ later with the folks that scouted me from Pond's for my current nuclear support gig.

Today some 22 year old kid has a chance to upset Kobayashi at the Coney Island hot dog eating contest and bring the title back to the USA.

The car needs a bath..and I might shampoo the carpets finally.

Glad you found another set of wheels Timmah.

Have fun with the fireworks and hopefully no one gets too hurt or too hammered today.

·
Super Moderator
26,860 Posts
Good 4th of July mawnin', Dick, Jena, John, George, Butch, Tim, Perry, Cobray, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, George. I need another cup. That wedding will be fun even though it has to move inside.

Wow, Dick! That photo makes my eyes squint. That's a special one to share with my friends. Your weather sounds like ours...95º, muggy, but not enough rain. Go figure on that.

Yup, that photo with Jason and the fireworks is a classic kid in the candyshop look :agree: What a fun memory that is. Yeeeeeee Hawwww!

OK, Butch...whatja get at the LFS candy store? I better go check for a thread by you.

Hey, Tim- Congrats on the perfect fit Jeep. Couldn't have asked for a better deal on the parts thing. BTW...don't let the oatmeat touch the venison while you're grilling ;)

Perry - I want to hear more details about the finish of the hot dog eating contest :funny: Great way to feast on the 4th.

A Civitan friend holds a huge party every 4th. He lives at a small lake not far from my place. Lots of good food, local musicians, and fireworks.

Love and hugs and peace to everyone. :wavey:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
:bigeek: Hot dog eating contest- I think some Balemic contestant of last years contest at 52 hot dogs in one sitting. You have to eat the buns so he dips the buns in water and eats the dogs practically whole

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Have a wonderful (and safe) 4th of July, everyone!! w00000000000000000t!!!

Heading to the ballgame today, and then to the local fireworks show tonight. Have a great day, all!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts