The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

Coffee is done and you can have waffles or grits.

we had one heck of a rain and wind come in last night. Power stayed on for us which is nice. But some of our area lost power.

getting ready to tend to fry and see if Kristine wants to walk around the neighborhood.

have a great fryday

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Good morning Vinnie. Scrambled eggs amd toast here. Orange juice cause the coffee is gone but that is OK. Working on my tank this morning then an afternoon with the dogs.

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning Rick, I see seen you thread, tank looks great.
Im done feeding my seahorse fry. Didn鈥檛 da any water changes. I test both fry systems and 0 ammonia and the tub system show a little nitrates which probably means the live rock from the reef tank is working.

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Vinnie, Rick, and all of TRT! Thanks for the coffee and scrambled eggs with toast, Rick! How about some fresh SC Upstate strawberries to add to the table?

Vinnie - Yikes with your big storm last night! Good to hear that you did not lose power.

Where is Hack this morning? Hope he鈥檚 not sick.

We might get some much needed raine this afternoon.

Good night Bobbi and I are going to see Sister Act performed by our local theater company. They are always so good!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Super Moderator
Morning all,

So far only coffee to offer up this morning.

looks to be a great day today, if you like sunny ,鈥漢ot鈥 .
The dern online auction big bit me yesterday , saw a Hoppalong Cassidy radio slid in a auction page ad on FB . Took a bit to find it on the auction list ( 3 sessions of auctions with 1000 lots or more in each 馃樀鈥嶐煉煠. Pre bid on in to get my foot in the door last night , and lazily scrolled thei the rest of the 鈥渟tuff鈥 and found there were 2 Abbotsware horse radios listed also 馃槏. Back story on both radios: 30 yrs ago my radio collecting buddy and I were in Ft Wayne Ind. at a flea market . At the entrance was a guy with a shopping cart of 鈥渟tuff鈥 trying to seek his wares. He had a black 鈥淗oppy鈥 radio he wanted $40 for( they made a red case radio that thought was the only one ,, later learned they made a lesser production black one. Not knowing that at the time , we both thought I might be a fake and passed. Hours later and back at home I learned it was a legit radio and feverishly tried to get my buddy get a hold of his brother in Ft. Wayne to buy that radio,, no luck馃ズ馃槴. So, it鈥檚 been a long standing 鈥済otta get鈥 radio mostly based on that story,, and that it is a fairly valuable radio in collecting circles.
The Abbotsware horse radio, I had one 30+ yrs ago , got it for cheap and flipped it 25 yrs ago for a tidy profit . When Blyth heard I sold it, of course then she remembered why she 鈥渓iked 鈥 the radio, she then recalled her uncle had one on the mantle ,,, so family feel good memory thing. Been on the hunt for another one ever since. Not only was there one at this auction, but there are TWO,,, and the capper being that both are WAY better condition than any I have ever seen in my life馃く.
Of course I am not going to IOWA to pick em up if ( like I have any doubts, haha) I am high bidder,,, so accepting I鈥檒l have to shell out for shipping ,,,,

pics below of both radios.

Other than recliner auction watching/bidding,,, outdoor efforts willprob happen .

Hope everyone has a great day!

Brown Vertebrate Product Working animal Liver

Reactions: cath and Tinsnips

Super Moderator
Jeff - Those radios sure are beauties! Of course you had to get them. And of course you have to pay for shipping, even though it鈥檚 a bummer. I enjoyed reading about your memories on special radios. All the more reason you had to get them.

are we up for a Meet tonight?
I can鈥檛 meet tonight because Bobbi and I are going out to see a musical.

Hack - We missed you around here today! I hope you鈥檙e OK.

Probably won鈥檛 get back to my apartment until after 10:00. I鈥檒l check and see if Hack and Perry have chimed in.

Carry on and make it a groovy night.

Super Moderator
Afternoon/evening all,

Well, after most of the day being spent following along with that online auction 馃馃樀鈥嶐煉, I think I did pretty good with the end result. Got the black Hopalong Cassidy radio,, and BOTH Abbotsware horse radios( my rationalization being since both were so great condition , nicer than any that I鈥檝e seen in the 40 or so years of collecting radios,,, why not get both , heheh) And it鈥檚 not like I got 2 of the identical radio,,, one is larger of a horse than the other ( or smaller based on how ya look at things , haha) I鈥檝e heard the smaller one( think 3鈥 shorter in height) is 鈥渞arer鈥 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔). Either way I鈥檓 cool with snagging them both 馃憤馃徏. Picked up a 60鈥檚 Pabst beer motion type 鈥渟ign鈥 , checked out what they go for, and based on that this one鈥檚 motion motor( rotates the old car鈥檚 tires and replicates the car going up/down the road) was said to not work,,, methinks this spark chasing OFR can get 鈥榚r running quickly and cheaply ( or no money馃槈)
Also got a a selection of John Deere watch fobs, a Deere pocket watch and other doo dads, as one lot.
When the invoice shows up, will see if the auction house can hold my goodies for 15 or so days when Sis will be in the area to pick em up for me,,, or I size up what shipping will cost,,, OR I do a 5+ hr road trip myself to get em,,, ( not like I have not done THAT before , heheh)

Nice day here ,a feels like 90 sort of day,,, with a decent breeze. Hopefully tomorrow will lend itself OFR outside chores鈥

Reactions: Tinsnips and cath

Administrator
Starting to sprinkle a bit so I pulled plug on weed eating. Overcast but near 70, just a light breeze. A little tired from swing the Ryobi around, seems like a good place to stop, maybe scrounge through frig for something to snak on

Administrator
Hey Y'All, you can call off the SAR MISSION......I found me! ;)
(1)Boss....(3)Customers.....(1)Employee! Numbers are on the rise with this wave of COVID!

Running a little late this morning, and saw Rick about and didn't want to cut him off....then tonight was in the GUN SHOP, then jumped right into a GAME NIGHT.....not to mention 2 boxes of DD's to monitor. :unsure:;).....they seem to be disappearing! FAST!

Won't be coming out to play this evening.....just enough energy to put on a movie and nod off.
Hope you have a blast Cath!

Our forum hAS BEEN HOPPING TODAY.....GROOVY!

PEACE AND NIFTY STUFF TO ALL,
HACK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts