The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning everyone.

Back from Texas and helping Leigh on her house this weekend. It is a beautiful 100 year old home with lots of hoity toity areas to have tea and stuff like that. What is doesn't have is a place to watch a reasonable sized TV. Fortunately, she now has an OFR boyfriend.

Here is the before of a big room in her basement.

The handmade siding on two long walls is staying, but the siding on the fireplace and entry end is going. Bye bye carpet and hello nice hard floor with carpets. We are thinking about a tin ceiling also, and the lighting has to go. The new LED discs will have dimmers all around with mood lighting in new bookcases As long as I am not buying it all, mild to wild is fine with me. I fixed the ancient two wire with widowmaker live neutral wiring by pulling up the siding and doing a little electrical. Leigh helped paint the long wall. Never had a top line stereo before, so sprung for some Klipsch with a nice high level Onkyo receiver, and put a proper tv on the wall. We got rid of a lot of clutter and moved the soon to be gone couches down to the end away from the fireplace. The bagster will get stuffed today.

Oh yeah I hate seeing wires or mounting stuff. The clean look is so much nicer.

She is out of town this weekend, and I have the keys. What could possibly happen?

Enjoy your day everyone. Coffee is on!!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Top of the morning Bro! Saw you out there, so drug my feet.

Good morning and a BIG HAPPY SATURDAY TO ALL! Cloudy and 70 they say.

Heading into the office, for fingers crossed 1/2 day...... PLANS are being tossed around for things to do this weekend, so fingers again crossed.

Coffee is up, and a Lemon cake for it to wash down.....a wee dry, but man is it LEMONY!

I sense an inner 'interior designer' in you Perry looking to be set free..........TRIVIA........Does anyone, A, remember the show Cheers, and B, the episode when Norm went into interior design work? Anyway, like where Your heading with the rehab of the place.

Peace and cool things to All,
Hack

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good Morning Perry , Hack and all of the TRT family.

The coffee is done coffee, thanks.

Perry nice job on the TV, have to have that, she will probably be super happy. Hard to believe the little TVs we had years ago, I love the big screen.

Half days are always nice, Hope it goes by fast for you Hack,

Not sure of or plans , other then no heavy lifting and to relax , Doctors orders.

Have a great Day

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the stereo all finished, and now just play Pandora on the tv. Not a bad setup with the matching Klipsch powered subwoofer.

While the sun is out going to take out a bunch of 4" across stumps. Whoever cut them left them up a foot, designed to destroy your car. The driveway is tiny with a squeeze out of the backyard located garage door. Found a 10" brand new electric chain saw. Going to try that first. Left my big boy out in the old house in the country. No need for it now.

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Mornin all, windy and chilly over here at the coast. Getting ready to head back soon. She forgot to pack meds and I am supposed to photograph to Fire Dept Open House this afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good mawnin', Perry, Hack (birthday boy), Vinnie, Doug, and all of TRT!

Wooo Hooooo, Perry. The basement is looking great!

Vinnie - Good luck with doing not much today. Maybe there's some ice cream at Hack's place that you can steal.

Doug - Hope that picture taking for the FD goes well. Share those photos!

Speaking of which, go check out Hack's birthday thread.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Back home, safe and sound, found the missing meds at home, at least they are not GONE. Checked out camera gear and ready to rock.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Half day at the creek behind me, and the prep for the birthday boy's activities has commenced......there's a lot of grub to be grubbed. 😁

Glad to hear Ya made it home safe Doug......looking forward to hearing about your' FD photo shoot.

Cloud Sky Water Naval architecture Boat

A tumultuous looking day, will be giving way to 2 days of rain.

Gesture Comfort Nail Thumb Finger

Wood Comfort Finger Flooring Thumb

Technicolored swollen foot being cared for as we speak........a day off of it will help immensely I'm sure.

Grooviness to All,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hack hope you are feeling better. I am bleeding all over. But .....

A little rock and trim with a couple of LED wafer lights and we have dual reading nooks. This is a basement, but there is a lot of natural light during the day. I can run the flooring right up inside each side of the fireplace.

Pulled 3 yards of cladding just clearing off that wall from the horrors of the 60's remodeling.

Reactions: cath

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Afternoon all,
Back from a grueling drive up north , too much road destruction going on to make a simple drive on usually crazy driving Illinois type drivers , go easily.
LOTS of stopped/barely moving traffic all over the place , somehow Sis navigated a route to miss a good deal of it . BUT, we made it to the bird show/fair and checked out what I “had” to have for a boid(s) . What I really wanted was a macaw baby there, but won’t be fully weaned for a month of so. Will check with the folks and go from there near the end of November.
In the meantime time I brought home a pair( jury is out if it’s a girl-boy pairing. One has been DNA sexed as a 6 month old fella , the other ,and 5 month old either -or) of Sun conures. Real chatty and energetic, Both are too small for my prev cockatoo’s cage, but will suffice until I check out available cages out in the pole barn , tomorrow. The drive home was way worse than drive there. Was a few times I wished I had a train horn to convince drivers to not change lanes into the area my truck was taking , geeeez. That said, I have no real plans to do much “work” for the remainder of the day. Sis is going back to Chicago for a Blackhawks game this evening. Hope she has better traffic .

New welding cart arrived , holds 2 welders . Might assemble it and get the MIG and new TIG welder a new mobile home, and work of getting a tank of shielding gas for the TIG , then start practicing sticking steel/aluminum together with the TIG
next.

Enud yammering, I need a break heheh.
Hope everyone is having a great day! Bird Beak Black Parrot Yellow Bird Beak Parrot Branch Yellow

• Love
Reactions: hackshobby

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good evening, everyone!

Hack - Those are some seriously dramatic clouds there.
And about yer foot.... EEESH! Looks broken to me, but heck with going to WC to get it checked. 😣.

Enjoy your birthday evening with your family.

Hack hope you are feeling better. I am bleeding all over. But .....

A little rock and trim with a couple of LED wafer lights and we have dual reading nooks. This is a basement, but there is a lot of natural light during the day. I can run the flooring right up inside each side of the fireplace.

Pulled 3 yards of cladding just clearing off that wall from the horrors of the 60's remodeling.
Two reading nooks sounds like a great plan. Yup, 100 year old houses would have lots of windows.

Jeff - Ewwww on your driving conditions! How did your conures deal with the ride?
Your beautiful birds seem to be giving you “the eye.”

Grooviness for all tonight, especially birthday boy, Hack.

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Sun conures are some of the most beautiful of the conures , they can get loud.
Yup , I’m used to “loud”, had a sulfur crested cockatoo for 40 years, haha.

Speaking of “loud”, I just pulled the trigger on the female Catalina macaw baby I saw at the show,called up the breeder and put down a deposit. She is the one on the right in the pic . Had about all of the large parrots over the years, but other than a mini(yellow collared) macaw, never had a “full sized” one. She still needs to be weaned, so looks like the end of November before I can bring her home.
Plan on visiting her and their other parrots between now and then. Asked Sis if she was up for another road trip, heheh.

On to the evening,,,
Bird Vertebrate Green Beak Parrot

• Love
Reactions: cath

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Evening all, done with the photo shoot, havent downloaded the cards yet. After 3 hr on computer and lots of bad language I got the printer to print and copy Finally, OORAH. Will get the pics DLd later after a nsnack and beverage.
Dang Hack, that is nasty looking, I have had feet that look like that but then I have one toe that hasnt been broke or disclocated, come to think of it I have one rib that escaped the crack scenario.
Perry looks like you have used your time and skill to good advantage again.
Jeff nice score on da boids, looking forward to seeing the next one. I miss having a welder setup. Fortunately in my small town I have friends that have a lot of skills and a lot of tools.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts