The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Everyone!:wavey:

Coffee is on,

Been really hot and humid here, went to bike night and the turn out was really bad, I think it the heat keeping everyone away. I stayed about an hour and came home to sit in the AC.

Work was OK yesterday, didn't really do anything, did make the day drag on.

Funny thing is I am making a lot more money and the work will be easier, At Least I hope so.

Have a Great Day

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Happy Hump Day

Good morning gang. Happy Hump Day!
Coffee's on. Went to bed early last night and slept like a baby.
Off to the college today, teaching the new crop of EMT students. Meeting with the wedding photographer tonight.
Hope y'all have a great day and a smooth slide to the weekend!
Ray

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Morning Vinnie, we did it again. Going to need another merge.
I know what you mean. Sitting is nice every once in a while, but all day it gets old. Hope today is better for you.
Ray

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good mawnin', Vinnie, Ray, George, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Vinnie. Let's have cereal and nanners today. Good comfort food.

Vinnie - good luck on getting into the swing with your new job.

Ray - Fun times outside of work make work easier, eh?

George!! Glad to hear that your surgery went well. Take good care.

Work is a different kind of work. Yesterday I was engaged in assembly line work with putting on RFID tags on music CDs.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Vince, Ray, George, Cath, & Everyone! :)

3H weather here, too, Vince. I'll be indoors for work as usual but have that 50 mile round trip commute again today.

Maybe we're getting de-sensitized to the high gas prices but it hits home when you fill up a little bitty 2 gal. can for the mower and it's over $7! :doh:

Funny thing is I am making a lot more money and the work will be easier, At Least I hope so.
Hope that ratio holds, Vince. You've earned both.

Ray, you know it's serious when you talk to the wedding photog. :funny:

Hope you get the all clear, George.

Thanks, Cath. Comfort Food is , well, comfortable. :D

Rosie's idea of Comfort Food is anything she can get those hands on.

Have a Wondrous Wednesday, Everyone!

Dick:)

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Morning all :wavey:

Woke up to my iPhone on my chest, w/ a dead battery(dozed off while listening to a new app for listening to radio stations,,, (I know what a concept :lol:)
Coffee is on here also, since I did not set my alarm on my phone to wake me up in time to be at the door when the grub place up the road opens the doors:rolleyes:, made my own coffee, and rounded up something to put down my gullet.

Weird clouds comiing in all of a sudden, need to check radar to see what up with all that.:eek:

Spent a lil late nite time in the shop , working on swapping out needed old Deere engine parts on the new engine. Hit a few speedbumps,dunno to try to do things here, or cut my losses and take a part to the auto/machine shop in town so they can use a arbor press to do what I'll prob mess up with my makeshift excuse for a press :nuts: .

Plus working basically Indian style on the ground was not kind to my back (it had "popped" in or out a number of times)I need a adjustable table of sorts to work at a decent level nowadays:rolleyes:.

Also making "the call" to my surgeon today,, and getting the ball rolling on gettin' fixed.

And the latest from the union re: contract talks w/ the company is, almost everything else is ironed out, only three magor issues they are fighting us on, all VERY important to us.Wanting to stop the $10k when you retire payment(more to fill in the blanks b4 actual pension pay starts coming in) Funding the pension fund @ a proper level , and not messing with our health care(They wanna basically make it cost us more to pay outa our pockets)

This may sound a lil weird to those not in a union lifestyle, but this is the way it's been for a long time, and hopefully will stay union strong in the future.

Time to get a move on here, and do what I can while I can,,,

Hope everyone has a great day! :wavey:

·
Administrator
47,294 Posts
Good morning everyone. Finally got all the drywall screwed down, bathroom is taped and have started mudding seams and screw holes. Now I remember why I don't do this for a living ;) I will have to remember to see if I can borrow a cam and get pics

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Woke up to my iPhone on my chest, w/ a dead battery(dozed off while listening to a new app for listening to radio stations,,, (I know what a concept )
I have one of those new-fangled things for listening to radio stations; it's called a "Radio".
:lol:

Doug, the little bit of drywall work I've done in the past convinced me that was not a career path. ;)

Dick:)

·
Administrator
47,294 Posts
I here you there Dick, it is not my favorite phase of construction ;)

Here is an exterior shot where we took out some old windows and put a new dbl pane unit in, it will have fake shutters when done.
Second shot is the kitchen area, followed by living room, then the bedroom and bathroom. As you can see there is still a ways to go.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
You wanna sub out my way Doug? I pay cash and tip in ICE COLD beer:beer:(ok, I'll feed ya too ) I need a right hand dude around here, to pick up the gaps my broken bod is leaving on stuff getting done around here .

Afternoon all :wavey:
Got the minor bothersome front PTO/clutch assembly installed on the new Deere engine.Good thing this spark chaser has a good mechl. background along with a large assortment of tools, 'specially taps 'n dies when I needed 'em this morning ;).

The place I got the "repowered" engine from(orig engine is no longer made/available) has so far been aces :thumbup: when it came to adapting a different engine to accept the needed stuff off the old one. Engine lifted the new powerplant into it's new home, did a few lil things after, and "hit the wall" on doing much more out in the shop.Hoping for a 2nd wind shortly so I can continue on,,,but right now post hot shower, some meds and a lil downtime is the plan.

Got a appt. w/ my ortho surgeon for this Monday, just means I gotta scramble to get a current MRI done prior to.Got the ball rollin on that: (Called doc's office for a 'script for same,and awaiting notice of same being faxed and then call to schedule it)

Time to make good on that break I told myself I needed,,,

Hope everyone has a great remainder of the day! :wavey:

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Jeff if I ever get done around here I might "retire" out your way :)
I know there are a lot of loopholes in that statement Doug, but also remember I got it here in text,,,:agree::wavey:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts