The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Good Morning John, and Everyone!

It got down to 38 here last night. The kids are bugging me to start heating the pool...

Back to the grind today. It seems like I slept away most of the day yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!:blob:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Good morning everyone. Great shot John.
Butch I'm envious that you got to have the ultimate driving experience for 16 hours. But I know that ride very well and don't blame you for crashing all day.
Dick, I know you'll be popping in and in response to yesterday's question, I am very happy with the changes you made with the camera. The only thing I might do, is go back to JPEG from RAW untill I have the software to convert it. Other than that, it's great. Thanks for the photography class.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, John, Butch, John, Tom, & All! :)

Beautiful day ahead on Rocky Top with some morning fog in the valleys.

Splendid shot of "Chip", John! Very nice exposure, details, and bokeh.

Butch, those marathon drives get you home quicker but sure do wipe me out for a couple of days! Rest up, my friend.

John, we're hoping for the very best from your father's tests.

Hey, Tom, glad the little changes worked out! Did I set it on RAW?? There's lots of different software converters out there, Capture One is a good one but I like the current version of Nikon Capture.

While the focus at Tom's Hawg Roast was on fellowship, fun, food, & frags, it was obvious that Tom & Mel have done a tremendous job of beautifying their Walnut Grove Plantation with flowers and shrubs. This little lovely was hiding just around the corner from all the festivities.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everybody!

Dick:)

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Mornin' John, Butch, John, Tom, Dick, and the rest of the class!

Tuesday, eh? Well...at least it's not *onday!

eh...well...time to get some work done.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,670 Posts
Morning all!The Coffee's on!Like Butch we got down to 34Deg last night.Sunny high 73 today but in the 80's this weekend and I have two dog shows this weekend and keep praying no rain!Have A Great Day All!

·
Super Moderator
27,541 Posts
Good mawnin, John, Butch, John, Tom, Dick, Casey, Mike, Chris, Tim, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, George :) Good luck on those dog shows.

Heya, John! Great portrait of Chip, there. I don't know what bokeh is that Dick mentioned, but I bet you did a good job :lol:

Butch - Good that you slept yesterday. Long drive + sunburn will wipe you out, fer sher. Take care of your wonderful self, and for heaven's sake, get the pool heated up ;)

John - Lots of prayers out to your father concerning his tests today :agree: Keep us up-to-date.

Hey, Tom. What a deal getting a photo lesson from Dick. Thanks for all the fun photos you took at the pig-pickin'.

Dick - That day lily is a fine way to honor Mel and Tom for their first class hospitality :D

Lots of peace, love and hugs to you guys and to everyone here on TRT.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Casey, Skeety, Chris, Tim, George, & Cath!

Tim & Cath, "unlike JPEG and TIFF , RAW is not an abbreviation but literally means "raw" as in "unprocessed". A RAW file contains the original image information as it comes off the sensor before in-camera processing so you can do that processing afterwards on your PC with special software."

Not all cameras are capable of shooting RAW and it does require an additional processing step but adds a lot more flexibility in getting the most from an image. More information here: http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glossary/Digital_Imaging/RAW_01.htm

Good luck at the dog shows, George!

Glad you liked the Daylily, Cath! Hope the flowers around Jason's Rocket Launching Pad didn't get singed!! :D

Time to go to work now.

Take care, everybody,

Dick:)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Good morning all of TRT. Set to be a nice day (I hope). My younger sister got engaged over the weekend. As for the rest of last week it was pretty horrid relationship wise. My best friend, youngest sister, and good friend here at school all had their relationships crumble. My friend here at school having been married for 2 years, together for 9. All I can do is be here for her, but she's very broken up about it. I'm not sure if she's going to make it through senior year!

·
Premium Member
14,535 Posts
Good Tuesday Morning Everyone ! I wish I slept yesterday away I'm still tired from our road trip. This picture is from the natural entrance to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky where we stopped on our way down south.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Good morning all of TRT - John, keep us posted on your Dad - mid90s today, time to start swimming in the pool. Nice pictures every one, thanks for the cheerful start to this day!

HHC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts