The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sponge
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm saving up my extra money right now and plan on buying new lights. Been looking at kessil tuna blues. I'm going to buy 2 lights and plan on spending around 500-600. I am currently running black box LEDs which work great but they don't have the look I want. And mine are not programmable. So any suggestions on 2 good lights for around that price is welcomed. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
Will you get the range you want with the Kessils? I know even though they come in different colors, they can be shifted slightly for different looks. But if you're not happy with the black boxes because you can't dial it in to the look you want, will the Kessil give you that variety? And don't you have to buy the controller separately?

Are you set on two lights? You could get a 48" Photon from from Reefbreeders - https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-48-v2/

·
Sponge
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no I wasn't set on them. I'm always looking for different options for around the same price as long as they are worth it. Those photons look awesome. I may have to consider them. The reason I liked the kessils was because my lfs up the road has the tuna blues on the frag tank. And it looks amazing. But I do want a program feature. I'm still saving up so I have some time to get more options and feedback before I pull the trigger. But those photons may be a winner

·
Sponge
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the new photon v2 last night and should be here Thursday. Whew that took a lot for me to hit buy now. Biggest investment yet for me

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
I ordered the new photon v2 last night and should be here Thursday. Whew that took a lot for me to hit buy now. Biggest investment yet for me
Aw, you're only getting started Christian ;) You mean to tell me $500 is the most you've spent on your tank? What was the tank and stand given to ya?

·
Sponge
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tank was 199 New at ky saltwater supplies in Lexington. The stand was bought with my old 75 that the panel broke in. I paid 200 for it used with tanks, stand, and sump. Stand is all I have from that setup now lol. Yeah 589 is the most now

·
Sponge
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They definitely look sleek compared to the other ones and the jumbled mess they called wiring

·
Sponge
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a 24hour update. Finally dialed in my schedule how I think I want it. Right now the max any channel is at is 27. Figured I'd start low. Everything is opening and responding well to it. Here's the tank right now. It's darker because I have the schedule further back where I'm not home till 5 in the evening. This way I can enjoy iit for a couple hours when I get home

Attachments

·
Sponge
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Idk if you all can see it but in all 3 pics I've uploaded the yellow tang and fire clown are together. Those two are a weird couple lol. This is the first fish the clown has liked

1 - 18 of 18 Posts