The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good book to learn more about softies and low light corals? I want to start putting stuff like that in now that I have the flow, but want to learn more first.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Books? what are those? is it what poeple used before the WWW was invented?:eek:

Just kidding, I was surprised that you would want a book. :thumbup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
some of the best info is found in free catalogs from companies as well. i have 3 books that cover corals. one of which is J. Sprungs Corals, A Quick Reference Guide. i really like that book. i have looked through Aquarium Corals, and its a great book as well.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well tell me some good places to look on the www. That is usually what I do anyway. I want to know what I can put in my tank. I have PC lighting, and the tank is 28" deep. I know I can put things up on rocks, but I just don't want to kill anything if I can help it. I like zoos, mushrooms, polyps, and then I just found out I can keep leathers, and montis. I thought that was really cool.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
http://www.wetwebmedia.com

most comprehensive resource I've found. Can take some digging to get the info you're looking for, but you'll learn lots of other stuff along the way.

also helps if you know the scientific name of what you're looking for (the search works better this way). To get that name, I just go to the good Dr's, find the item, and they usually list the scientific name as well. Then go back to wet web and get good info.

But ditton on E Borneman's book. Excellent info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts