The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just setup a new tank and I have a Mag7 running as the return pump and the thing is a little loud. Are there any other pumps anyone is aware of that are submersable and quiet with about the same flow rate as the Mag 7?

·
Registered
573 Posts
ehiem 1250, quite one 3000, rio has one also. I dont recommed the rios though. I would just move around the mag and it will stop vibrating.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a mag 18 and it's silent. Do you have the pad installed? If you don't have the pad try an old mouse pad. I'm guessing the sounds from vibration.

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will give the mouse pad a try, I moved it around it it got a little quiter, but not much.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a new mag 7 running my skimmer. When I first put it in it was trememdously noisy but then it quieted down some. It is still too noisy, the annoying buzz, for me so I am swapping it for the Eheim. It was louder than any pump in my system.

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is the problem I am having, it has quited down a bit from yesterday but still loud enough to drive me crazy.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you are going external, I have had both Pan World and Gen X pumps. My GenX had been making noise for a while now but has gone through rough times. The Pan World was running the skimmer I really never knew that it was there. Both are good pumps.

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I shut my system down and put a piece of a mouse pad under pump. When I turned the system back on I actually had to put my finger in front of the intake to see if it was running. Long story short puting something under it made it very quiet. It still hums but I can live with it.

·
warren ohio
83 Posts
i just got my 125 gallon set up this week i used a quiteone 300 and they are right you cant here it running all i hear is the water tricking into my overflow and that all so i guess thats pretty quite.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts