The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my "in addition to" 1 gallon invert tank. I had the tank laying around and decided to use some stuff I was getting for my 10gal build in it. The light is supplied by a 7w cf at 5000k with 40w equivalent

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TOTS, the tank itself has only been up a few days. The water and rock came from an established system and the shrimp and blue leg (he's in there somewhere) were added today.

Its going to be a maintenance monster due to size. But, it was just something to get me going until the nano jam starts. there is also a 55 build coming but I have some construction to do before that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cleverbs, dont bag on the peppy's yo. They are cool in their own right (cheap). This is a cheap "if it crashes Im not really out anything" side project. If i put a $25 firshrimp in there I would be panicked every time I went to work!

If it proves to be sustainable then I will dress it up some.

·
Acroholic
3,188 Posts
Cleverbs, dont bag on the peppy's yo. They are cool in their own right (cheap). This is a cheap "if it crashes Im not really out anything" side project. If i put a $25 firshrimp in there I would be panicked every time I went to work!

If it proves to be sustainable then I will dress it up some.
Nothing wrong with peppermint shrimp at all. Cool little tank. I had a single yellow clown goby in my one gallon pico:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
You'll be glad you did......shoot with all the stuf you have laying around its about time:D
I brought that reflective tape for the hood you asked for to the station, ill put it in my locker because lord knows ill forget it at home like everything else:doh:
Looks good man, hey water changes should be a breeze with that thing. If your not run that HOB filter that those things come with....Id be curious to see how a little cheato would help in a tank that small.

Im gonna do an all in one out of the 10 gallon like we have been discussing in the nanojam thread if the 15high isn ready yet.

Nothing wrong with peppermint shrimp at all. Cool little tank. I had a single yellow clown goby in my one gallon pico:
Thanks, it was a PITA to upkeep with SPS.
Ill bet they soak up some calcium in a system that small....reef crystals and really frequent water changes? dosing would be silly in system this small right?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I'd ask for an ID on that one. It may some GSP that is on its way out, or it may be something else? Looks good. I have some rock for you. I think some of it is DIY rock it looks cool as heck though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd ask for an ID on that one. It may some GSP that is on its way out, or it may be something else? Looks good. I have some rock for you. I think some of it is DIY rock it looks cool as heck though.
yeah, i have an id thread up. It kinda surprised me since I hadnt seen the polyps out before I went to work. When i turned the light on Monday they all came out!

Thanks for the rock. Im cooking some up for the nano jam now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, figured Id update this link some.

I decided to add another Blue legged hermit and he decided he wanted to eat the two peppermint shrimp. :doh: Fortunately he left everybody else alone!

I decided to join in on NanoJam3 :ac15: and in the process of designing and building my 10gal for the Jam I came across this 5gal tank.

Sooo, long story short I built it up to be a replacement for the 1gal. and here it is. The star polyps and all others have made the move and hopefully all will survive!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the star polyps LOVE their new home and have been growing like weeds! :banana:

I added 4 ricordia and after some squabbling they are getting along OK. There are a pair of mojano anemones that snuck in on a piece of rock :doh: and two brittle starfish as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts