The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This might be a dumb questions..

My golden wall Hammer coral is been in my tank for about 6 months now ...

for the past couple of weeks his sweeper tentacles was always visible throughout the day and night.

The only change is i moved him from his original place to a different place and glued him to the Liverock about 5 to 6 weeks back.

Note: He had a fight with golden torch and lost a portion that has grew back now(After moving him a bit).

This is bothering me.. is he in need of food? I use to spot feed when i got him but after a month i stopped and none of my corals doesn't seem to have affected.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have Frogspawn Colony, branching hammer, golden torch golden hammer all on one side...

Frogspawn and branching hammer touches each other no problem..
but these Golden torch and golden hammer are like fighting crazy... stinging so i moved those..

Is my hammer trying to protect himself so its tentacles are out all time?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, that extra tid bit helps...I guess NOT ALL Euphyllia get along :eek:

Sounds like a separation is in order.
yeah so i guessed it so i gave good space between the torch and hammer but still he seems to be bit restless...

I have another green torch which is huge but he didn't stung anyone and he pretty much touches all the frogspawn,Branching hammer..

should i need to relocate him ???

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW, I only know because I've been researching what can go with my hammer ;)
In my personal experience i have all type of euphyllias
1. Gold hammer
1. green torch
1. purple green branching hammer
1. green octospawn
1. orange frogspawn
1. orange torch

out oof all these only orange torch is given space coz when i introduced this guy everyone else were touching each other and no problem but as soon as this guy is in he started stinging my golden hammer and frogspawn and my golden hammer started dying(10% of his body just rotted) as so i separated this guy and hammer healed himself and all other euphillia are happy..

so as you said we cant really predict until we introduce them whatever says in reading materials are for most cases but there are always exceptions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts