The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a RSM130D that currently only has a 2" blue spot toby puffer. Im really happy since I found one of these eels on eBay for 90$+40$ shipping! I think that 130$ overall is really good price!

I will hopefully post pics of the tank as is now this weekend. The eel should come Tuesday and I will definitely post pics of him when he gets here!

Really psyched:beer:

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just thought Id update. Three nights ago, he took his first bite. Im surprised how early he started to eat. He is currently on a diet of scallop and cocktail shrimp until I can get more types of seafood.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well since I loved this guy, and I found another online, Im going for it. But this time, Im going to zip tie a bunch of screening over like the entire hood of the tank. Wish me luck!

Im also thinking of ordering a leaf scorpion fish for the tank since the same seller has one for 30$ and I have always wanted one! Ill keep ya'll updated!

·
Mushroom Coral Fanatic
979 Posts
Would one of these eels fit in a 30 gallon???

·
Mushroom Coral Fanatic
979 Posts
Thanks for the help. You got any other eels?

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you guys think a leaf scorpion would work? Im pretty sure it would, but not positive. The puffer is around 2 1/4" and very passive. I have kept a lionfish, sea hare, and (currently) a chocolate chip starfish and he has never attacked one of them.

And since the eel will probably be around 10 inches, so I doubt he would try to eat the scorpion.

And for feeding, I would, as I am right now as a puffer snack, gut load glass shrimp with cyclopleeze and maybe something else like brine or small pieces of mysis.

And I believe the scorpion will come in around 2-3".

Does this all sound good?

·
Mushroom Coral Fanatic
979 Posts
I think that would be a fine combination, considering they share a pretty much same diet; crustaceans. I doubt your eel will give a leaf scorpion any trouble.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, I just pulled the trigger. The eel and leaf fish should be here on tuesday. Im hoping the leaf fish isn't tiny, because that could present a possible problem with the eel. Ill post pics and keep ya'll updated!

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So just a quick question. So any of you who have seen/own most AIO tanks are familiar with the surface skimmer/overflow boxes. My eel quite often slithers up in there and once he is in there is almost afraid to come out. He also loves to swim. I'm just wondering reasons why he acts a bit hyper. Could it be that he needs more hiding places (aka more rocks)?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.