The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's still up in the air, but tenetivly our trip date is set in late august...
I was just curious as to any ideas of where to visit, what your favorite sites were fishy or otherwise... I would love to try snorkeling (I will get over my fear of large fish... are there any sharks in Hawaii....) I want to pack as much into my week as I can... we will probably be staying on Maui, but will do island hopping as needed....
thanks for all suggestions
kim

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
I'd be happy to lend advice. Been there 4 times. Pm if you would like info.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
There's plenty to do on Maui...we loved it there. Get the book Maui Revealed. You can check out our pics here: http://www.thereeftank.com/hawaii/main.html

We followed the recommendation in the book quite a bit..as you can see from our pics. Most of the places mentioned are worth it.

Things we really loved were Warren and Annabelles Magic Show, the road to Hana (stop at Chings Pond and don't miss the end of Nahiku Road). If you drive all the way around Maui Venus Pool is a pretty spot too. If you aren't scuba certified you might want to give snuba a try. We snuba'ed at Molokini. It was a great experience!!

We stayed in two different hotels...the Westin in Kaanapali and the Outrigger in Wailea. They both have pros and cons. The Westin had an awesome pool, great location, but cruddy service. The outrigger was in a beautiful spot, service was great, pool was smaller...but still nice. Overall we liked the Outrigger much better....plus its close to all the great and quiet south Maui beaches.

Oh I could go on and on and on. maui is great!

Brooke

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm going in September for my honeymoon (Maui). Thanks for the book recommendation Brooke. Definitely going to take a trip to the big island and check out the waikiki (sp) aquarium.

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Hey Mapster..the big island is the island of "Hawaii". The Waikiki aquarium is on Oahu ;)

Just want to make sure you end up in the right place...hehe.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
They just opened a new shopping center by the International Market place a few years ago that has a pretty cool aquarium in it. Stop by if you end up on the Waikiki strip. I know I'll butcher this, but Haunama Bay, on Oahu is a great snorkeling spot. I agree with Brooke, Molokini off of Maui is amazing. I lived over there for almost 6 years, so I should be full of info. Let me drink some more coffee and I'll see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sheesh I knew this would be a good place to ask! I don't know how to PM though... so....
how bout a cheep place for tickets and hotels?....:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hey Mapster..the big island is the island of "Hawaii". The Waikiki aquarium is on Oahu
oops...I thought Oahu was the big island! I can see it now, trying to be cool by using the local lingo and ending up on the wrong island. Good thing I have family out there, hopefully they can keep me from ruining my trip and marrige. Thank Brooke.

"The seven pools are here?!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.