The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after much consideration we put a deposit on a used 50g tank with stand and 20g sump, with everything needed but the skimmer,lr and sand
I dont know the specific demensions at this time, but it is wider than 18". It has brand new in the box T5 lighting- the only reason it was surrendered to the lfs was the owners wife said it goes or I do
So someones loss is our great gain. Will be picking it up on Saturday when we trade in our 14g nano cube. I thought it was a pretty good deal, $300 cash(no tax) and our 14g for the new system. The lfs guy gave us such a good deal, because I go in there everyday looking sad because I couldnt buy anything because we were battling such an algae problem, he said he'll just be glad to see me happy(and he knows I'll be dropping lots of $$$ in the next few months)
So more info to follow later this week

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just a lot more to figure out initially, the lfs guy is coming the end of next week to balance tank and set it up and walk us through all of it, oh yeah and he's bringing the water with him
now I have to go over and read all those posts I skipped because they didnt apply to us-like sumps,pumps, refugiums etc. etc. gonna be busy reading this week

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so today was the day. tank is set-up and running. 50g with 20g sump. 40lbs caribsea black hawaiin sand. waiting for rock to cure at lfs, and starting to look at what skimmer to buy. have 2xkoralia #1s for now, but I know will need to add more later on
btw my fish 2 false percs and antenna goby are all fine on vacation at the lfs
anyway hope to have pics on here tonight

1 - 12 of 12 Posts