The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not really sure if its just the way he is or if theres something with him...but my bar goby hasnt been coming out from under his rock for a long time...i saw him out today for about15 minutes and i quickly put food in the tank and he ate some...not sure if hez just being a bottom feeder or if he's starving himself...it was about 2 or 3 days before i saw him again yesterday and today...came out about the same time for 15 minutes each and when right back where he's been...natural or something wrong...none of my other fish bother him

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
He may be coming out at other times of the day when you don't see him. Which means you might also not see that some of your other fish may indeed be bothering him, enough to make the goby wary anyway.

If he's eating though, I wouldn't be too concerned.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
DaviesPats said:
well after not seein him for 2 days i was worried...and sinc ehe is never out i worry more...and i dont chase him with a net...jsut put a small clear beta tank where his lil underground cave is and let him go in himself
Gotcha. I would still leave him be, though. If he is hungry, he'll get some food. :) Fish do not need to eat every day, either...I feed mine every other day.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Fish can go longer that even every other day, ime. That said, if he hasn't eaten in 4 or 5 days and begins to look skinny, you can always go back to the method you are using now. But consider giving this a shot. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts