The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these great glowing green mushrooms on a rock the other day. They are low light so I put their rock on the bottom of the tank. Now, My goby swims aroound on these mushrooms like it is his new perch. He wont stop bothering the mushrooms and they havent opened since I got them becuase of the goby. Suggestions?

He sometimes spits sand on them like he wants to build his house on the mushrooms too.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He lives on the opposite side of the tank in cave/ burrow. Havent seen him in their since I got the mushrooms. Maybe hes attracted to the mushrooms for some strange reason..

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
What kind of goby is it?

Sure he's not just getting the bits of algae that might be on the new frag?

Everytime I add a frag to the tank, EVERYONE goes to town on it. Makes sure it's as clean as the rest of the rock in my tank! ;)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I have a black gobie with a yellow tail and he is a nightmare! He picks at my zoos all day long! He has just about wiped out a big rock of zoo i bought a cpl of months ago. I moved the zoos covered them with a little plastic cover and as soon as I removed the cover he was right back. I even considered moving him to the refug but there would be no way to catch the Little guy so I gave up. Now when I see him picking at the zoos I just look the other way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts