The Reef Tank banner
741 - 756 of 756 Posts

· Registered
To many tanks to describe
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #747 ·
They are beautiful, I remember them being popular years ago and then went though a period of being hard to keep in the aquarium. Now they are super popular.
They are beautifull and weren't easy to keep alive, but with nowadays dosings systems they do quiet fine.

· Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #750 ·
Ha!! Yeah, at 400 Gallons "Just get a bigger tank" probably becomes less of an option lol

Whiskey
When moving the corals from all the old tanks it was just to much. All corals were place in any available space and it was never touched again.
Now 1 year after the migration i just needed to get inspired.

The first island has been commissioned
Can't wait to do some more soon....

Before:

· Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #754 ·
Today's spotlight is this bright red flowerpot coral (Goniopora Lobata). This coral has been propagated with great success. Placed in different conditions, the colours have developed a few variations

· Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #755 ·
A while ago i bought a small frag from this pink goniopora w.yellow centre. Now i manage to let it flourishing and also succesfully propagated it. I spead it out over several systems and observe how it will develop.

· Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #756 ·
This coral was given to me by a LFS because it was slowly dying and he intended to throw it in the garbage bin.
After a slow recovery it started to flourish from a dull yellow coral to a colorfull bernardpora with intense orange tentacles and green centre.
I need to frag it soon, because i am out of space.i also need to make frags for the savekeeping of this specie.

741 - 756 of 756 Posts