The Reef Tank banner

701 - 713 of 713 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,753 Posts
I look forward to every visit Glenn....THANKS! This is the only thread I will never post pictures of my pride and joy on....THAT'S like 'tugging on Superman's cape'! Every time I see a new post of your's, I find I re-read ALL your old posts, and try to imagine if I could follow your system.....or hope to see someone else on here doing it. Always the same answer, but STILL LOVE SEEING YOUR AMAZING RESULTS!
Hack

·
Registered
To many tanks to describe
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #705 ·
Wow... it has been more than 1 year and 2 months since i was here. I change my mobile and somehow lost the link and password to this site couldn't login and gave up.
Now i found the link on my old desktop again.
The is much to share i don't know where to begin....:eek:

The second reason is i use tapatalk which is not supported by some forums. So i lost sight of some.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #706 ·
I look forward to every visit Glenn....THANKS! This is the only thread I will never post pictures of my pride and joy on....THAT'S like 'tugging on Superman's cape'! Every time I see a new post of your's, I find I re-read ALL your old posts, and try to imagine if I could follow your system.....or hope to see someone else on here doing it. Always the same answer, but STILL LOVE SEEING YOUR AMAZING RESULTS!
Hack
I will try to visit more often. Thanks, I feel flatered and hear what you're saying😉, but i also realize that i am in a position to inspire reefers to do better, do that's why i keep on posting... just to raise the bar for myself and others.
My system is shared and written a lot about. I only can't keep track where.... so please ask anything you like, i have an opportunity to interact with fellow reefers and kindred spirits.

Here is something to enjoy:

·
15,753 Posts
Always a pleasure when you stop by Glenn, and of course for the sharing of pictures n videos.

We went through a 'face lift' around here within the past few months......and everyone is just about caught up to speed......much more intuitive. Glad you were able to find your way back in.

I will try to visit more often. Thanks, I feel flatered and hear what you're saying😉, but i also realize that i am in a position to inspire reefers to do better, do that's why i keep on posting... just to raise the bar for myself and others.
My system is shared and written a lot about. I only can't keep track where.... so please ask anything you like, i have an opportunity to interact with fellow reefers and kindred spirits.
It baffles me with all the 'different' philosophies out there, and different thoughts....what's new n what's cool, that NO ONE I know of at least on here has given your approach a go......JUST INCREDIBLE!

Once again I find myself reading everything I can that you've been sharing........and I know for myself, between being a lazy person, and having my 210 gallon softies reef running for 7 years now, it would be tough to switch gears, and follow another system.
'Lack of room' is what I keep telling myself as an 'excuse' not to set up another tank and follow your approach with it....just to see if I could do what you have done....soooooo many times.
What is the smallest reef you have running now, or as an experiment with in the past? Does 'depth' come in to play at all, or could a 30-40 gallon tank be run like your's?
All the best,
Hack

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #708 ·
Very satisfied with the result after pruning.

60 frags made

BEFORE............

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #709 · (Edited)
Always a pleasure when you stop by Glenn, and of course for the sharing of pictures n videos.

###### Thanks m8, i hope i can inspire some people and improve our so beloved hobby.

We went through a 'face lift' around here within the past few months......and everyone is just about caught up to speed......much more intuitive. Glad you were able to find your way back in.

###### for me tapatalk support was essential to make it easy to post, but no worries i can copy and repost the pictures from my own site.

It baffles me with all the 'different' philosophies out there, and different thoughts....what's new n what's cool, that NO ONE I know of at least on here has given your approach a go......JUST INCREDIBLE!

###### some believe they need an scientific explanation for everything, so they buy the story when you come up with some nice promises, fullcolor labels and brochures and some fancy graphs.
They forget that reefkeeping is a dynamic proces and more than some graphs and formulas.
It's about making it work and the result is the only thing that matters in the long run.
I am patient and only hope one day people will be inspired to look at things differently as i did long ago.
While you and i probably know how to make babies (some tender loving care may do the trick), others may try to debate how the spermcel interacts with eggscell, but never ever get the job done.😬
Just some figures from the dutch reefing scene:
60% of the dutch reefers nowadays use DSR, at least 70% got inspired and do none or less waterchanges. 90% of the dutch stores carry DSR. 50% of dutch LFS uses DSR to maintain their showing and selling tanks.

Once again I find myself reading everything I can that you've been sharing........and I know for myself, between being a lazy person, and having my 210 gallon softies reef running for 7 years now, it would be tough to switch gears, and follow another system.
'Lack of room' is what I keep telling myself as an 'excuse' not to set up another tank and follow your approach with it....just to see if I could do what you have done....soooooo many times.
What is the smallest reef you have running now, or as an experiment with in the past? Does 'depth' come in to play at all, or could a 30-40 gallon tank be run like your's?

########
People don't like to give up their comfortzone.
The reason i developed DSR was, because i hate reoccurring labour which force you to do things you don't really like.
Weekly/regular Waterchanges was not mine favourite timepassing, while for many this was believed the only way to get it going......

Sorry i have to go.....To be continued.....

All the best,
Hack

·
15,753 Posts
Looks like what you need is a swimming pool.
Hey Jerry......Yeah it does make ya want to put the ole tanks on yer back and swim amongst all that pretty stuff.
Hack

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #712 ·
This is yet another tank of mine.
Nickname: #EZ550reef (fb/instagram)
Type: Shallow reef
Established: april 2015
Original purpose: experimental tank
Dimension: 150x80x50cm
Lighting:8xT5 54watt , 2x 36watt (diy) ledstrips
NO waterchanges: since april 2015
NO more skimmer used since dec2019.
Maintenance system: DSR-EZ
The sump was reassigned a new task: fragtank

Soon there will be another rescape of the reefconstruction.
For now enjoying the topview.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #713 ·
########
People don't like to give up their comfortzone.
The reason i developed DSR was, because i hate reoccurring labour which force you to do things you don't really like.
Weekly/regular Waterchanges was not mine favourite timepassing, while for many this was believed the only way to get it going......

Sorry i have to go.....To be continued.....

Back than in 2012 nobody believe a reeftank without waterchanges could flourish. I proved them wrong.
Now i am even going for year without a skimmer and many dutch reefers are trying to do the same. Some with great succes.

My goal are to simplify reefkeeping to a level it would be the same effort like maintaining freshwater tanks.

At this moment the most simpel system is the EZ2GoReef. A 190 liter tank with the most simple setup ever.
It's running on an 2 part system which include all essential macro, trace and nutritional elements.
The EZ2Goreef has been up and running since may 2015
Watch this movie. You will be surprised...

701 - 713 of 713 Posts