The Reef Tank banner

681 - 700 of 713 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,753 Posts
Wow! :bigeek: Is that going to be 1 continuous tank, or 3 separate tanks Glenn?

·
15,753 Posts
:bigeek:......WOW!
Hack

·
Registered
To many tanks to describe
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #690 ·
It is bulbs replacement day on my EZ550reef!
Replacment of the 6x T5 bulbs should have been done long ago.
4x were 9.5 months old
2x were 14 months old
I saw the colors of the corals on the bottom slowly deteriorate for a few months. This process had been going on for more than 3 months. In accordance with the requirement to replace the lamps every 6 months at SPS corals.

happy DSR reefer

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #691 ·
Posting all those pictures is becomming a little dull.
But what the heck... enjoy while it last.

·
15,753 Posts
Hope it never gets so boring for you Glenn that you stop. This is soooooo much nicer than buying a magazine. Your systems all jaw dropping!
Hack

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #693 ·
Hope it never gets so boring for you Glenn that you stop. This is soooooo much nicer than buying a magazine. Your systems all jaw dropping!
Hack
Stopping is no option hack😝. Than i would be realy bored. It's Nice to get some feedback tough.
Because sometimes we all can learn from those simple little things.
For now i try to inspire other reefers because i can....

This is a movie of my EZ550reef 3 months ago.
https://youtu.be/loTDyIkHtio

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·
How fast do coral grow?
In this timelime you can see how a small frag of the staghorn coral has grown up to the surface, cut down and again grew back to the surface within a few months.

·
15,753 Posts
Sure wish my travels will take me through Rotterdam some day Glenn, because seeing Your systems would sure be worth the pilgrimage. Seen the videos, the pictures, and read the magazines....but to see them in person must really be jaw dropping. That growth is soooooo amazing, have you any thoughts on whether that is actually better than in 'nature', your growth in captivity? As always, THANKS,
Hack

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #696 ·
Sure wish my travels will take me through Rotterdam some day Glenn, because seeing Your systems would sure be worth the pilgrimage. Seen the videos, the pictures, and read the magazines....but to see them in person must really be jaw dropping. That growth is soooooo amazing, have you any thoughts on whether that is actually better than in 'nature', your growth in captivity? As always, THANKS,
Hack
Wait till i established my U-reef than you're welcome.
Whilst most reefers brag about their (expensive) technics i focus mainly on the inside and inhabitants of the tanks. That's why some exterior look unfinished. I intend to do something about that with the new U-Reef.

If you believe some environmetal publications corals grow very slowly.

But according to a friend of mine, phd Tim Wijgerde (a marine scientist) the growth rate in my tanks very well equals the natural growth rate of corals in the wild.

From my own measurements i found out that staghorn corals can grow from 1,5 -1,9mm per day

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #698 ·
It's been a while ago that i posted on forums.
It seems like i lack inspiring material.
Beside that, the warmer the season becomes the more my attention shifts towards my other hobbies.
I am very passionate about many things that involves toys with speed and engines.

681 - 700 of 713 Posts