The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Just some guy, you know?
40,404 Posts
how about this acropora forest?
Is that a green slimer?

I just finished reading about this tank in a mag that I picked up at a not so LFS, it was a great article!!! Do you still dose phosphate? If so in what form do you dose it? I ask because this is so different from the norm, most people are using GFO to get rid of it lol.

Whiskey

· Just some guy, you know?
40,404 Posts
that is indeed a green sliner aka staghorn.

you mean Reef Hobbyist magazine ?

i still dose both PO4 and NO3. The base product is Sodiumphosphate and CalciumNitrate. (don't ask for the mixing formula. People with the right knowledge and access to chemical can figure that out themselves. people without are accidents waiting to happen)

i do different than mainstream and people here in holland are picking up my way of working very fast with great succes.
Reef Hobbyist, that is right. Fascinating answer to the problem! I too have had corals lighten up, and I ended up feeding much more to combat the problem. I give you great credit for trying something new and finding such amazing success with it :)

I do dose Phosphate and Nitrate to my planted tanks of course, great quantities of it in fact, I use Potassium Phosphate and Potassium Nitrate though, without it the plants would show signs of defficancies and wither away.

Whiskey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts