The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have glass scratches there are two things you can use. One is 5 micron fiber polishing paper (Graybar) about 3 bucks a sheet, keep a steady flow of water over the area when polishing.

The second is Future floor wax (really not wax, more like clear acrylic paint) I use it in model aircraft building to fabricate cockpit windshields. First try it somewhere unseen to make sure there is no reaction. then use a q-tip rolling it in your fingers to brush any loose cotton fibers away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
With the 5 micron fiver polishing paper can you also polish out scratches form the inside? where do you get this paper from?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Any hardware store will carry it and yes, you can use it on the inside of the tank. I suggest maybe practicing on another piece of plastic to see what the outcome would be though, just in case. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bought this kit a while back and had read that it was reef safe and will not harm the fish. You might research it a little more, maybe find the actual product web site and drop them an email. I've been meaning to practice on a old piece of plastic, like my old sump, but forgot I had purchased it till now. Link is below:

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=RB1551

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I should have wrote, for external use only. I have used the fiber paper many of times on my visor and wind screen.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no the fiber paper can be used on glass. I used it to terminate fiber sc type connectors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts