The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriend wants one thing.

First: She wants a school of fish in my 90g tank. The only fish I can think of are chromis and cardnals. any thoughts or other suggestions??? I really dont want more mid/upper level fish. I already have the two tangs and the copperband. I am more interested in a bottom dweller like a goby. What do you guys think about watchman gobies. I like the pink and blue spot watchman's

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
My first thought was some anthias, but they are upper level fish.

If you can get a mated pair (or match up a pair) of watchmans and they have a pistol shrimp, they are pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I'm not sure about sexing them. We just got lucky I guess and they paired up when we put them together.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a yellow watchman goby and he does absolutely nothing but sit in his little cave that he made. I orginally got him for a sandsifter but he is worthless at doing that. Then I ran across the orange-spotted watchman goby and he is great, keeps my sand really white by sifting it often. They both have become friends but the orange-spotted really does all the work.

·
Registered
361 Posts
How about a group of firefish gobies? I've seen them school up in groups of 5-6.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
aquawolf;1337938 A yellow head sleeper goby will really move some serious sand around.[/quote said:
Boy, I can attest to that...

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Be careful with the goby...as has already been said some of them will rearrange all the sand in your tank and pretty well cover up any low corals. Others will not sift at all!

As for schooling, I'll second the firefish...very cool fish and they look great when they school.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
How bout some Anthias? Lyretails are nice fish. Theyre not the cheapest (About $20-25 per), but theyre not overly pricey, and are nice fish. A girl would like barletts anthias Id imagine. Theyd add some nice bright color ro the aquarium.

You can also do chromis... which are low end, but cool. And Invincible569 on RC has a gorgeous rimless tank with TONS of blue Damsels. It pulls it off well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts